Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Dazkatmaka11

There has been reports in Finland and UK that I have read so far. 

ryballs

@Dazkatmaka11 Yeah I've seen that before, didn't work for me. 

Winter87

Under ACCC consumer laws, Optus must refund, replace or repair. As it would be considered a major fault (because the consumer would not purchase the item had they known about the fault, among other reasons).

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund#repair-replacemen...

PS. Concerning that ACCC is not permitted as a message tag! 

Huawei mate 20 pro green tint issue

Kk8

Has anyone had their phone replaced in store and if so did you have to send phone off?

I was told to go into store to replace phone on the spot to only goto optus store and bloody idiots saying i cant replace in store! Countless hours of bloody wasted time and anger feel like cancelling all contracts with them!

lsa123

@Dan_CHonestly I'm finding this whole process really messed up on Optus' behalf. I have dealt with Telstra and Samsung numerous times regarding warranty on mobile devices and there are formal processes set up. Last time I sent my Pixel 2 in for a known issue I received a replacement unit in 2 business days. Huawei themselves are even handling this situation better. We're talking about a known issue that has affected/is going to affect pretty much every single phone that was initially sold. This should be easily verifiable in store and they should be able to order in a replacement directly without having to send in the device, and the new device should arrive in no more than 5 business days unless Huawei are out of stock themselves. Reports of the current process taking 7+ business days is extremely alarming.

Also the fact that Optus has been downplaying the issue in their announcements by saying it's only visible in low light is just complete BS. In additon, a lot of people's IMEIs are not even in the system, so it's obivous that Optus has some clear faults in their internal system. If Optus continues to insist on inconveniencing their customers and not simplifying the process I suggest everyone cancel their contracts and do not support their crappy business practices.

Winter87

The response I have had from Optus in-store and via social media has been incredibly disappointing. I have been told there is no stock in store and that I must send my phone away (leaving me without a phone). They do not seem to care that this is my primary mode of communication nor that I am required by my employer to have my phone with me at all times. They basically refused to order a replacement for a swap at an agreed time (which would make more sense). They have smugly told me that I should keep trying other stores.

In addition to this, they have refused to comment on whether they would provide a new phone replacement or try to slip me a refurbished phone. I am intending to contact the TIO and see if they can help resolve the issue, but I suspect this will continue for a while yet.

Re: Huawei mate 20 pro green tint issue

Yeldarb

The response on page 59 of the thread below suggests they are not replacing them instore.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Android/Huawei-Mate-20-Pro-Green-tinted-display-issue/m-p/494896

Dazkatmaka11

I'm contacting Head Office tomorrow, when I called my store on Friday, took me several attempts over many hours to get through and when I did a woman just hung up in me when I asked if they have good stock of the Huawei mate 20 pro yet.

I also called Optus Friday night, after arguing for an hour, I told them that I could not be without a phone as I have 9 medical conditions and disability, I need a phone for medical  emergencies, she said ill put you through to a customer service representative, then the call disconnected.

I contacted optus on facebook Messenger, they just told me to ring or go into the store.

There is no interest in optus for customer care, they're just interested in making sales.

Highlighted

Ry21

Guys, I suggest just cancel contract and be done with it. It pisses me off even asking for a cancellation status. I am going away in next two weeks, just want to get everything sorted as I won't be roaming hence cant make calls. Phone arrived warehouse through Auspost tracking on Wednesday 21st. Called on Thursday, they have not received it. Chat and call back Friday, they have not received it and agent guarantees that he will follow up and update me on  the status latest by Saturday. Yesterday 24th Sat no email no calls, chat, agent say check back Monday as warehouse is closed.

How long does it take to update a cancellation service seriously?

Dazkatmaka11

If you didn't pay your bill I'm sure it wouldn't take them long.

But since you want it cancelled, they take a month.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
18 Kudos
13 Kudos