Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

dacmo

Hi @Xalies, how long from the time you returned the phone to when you got the email?

[ Edited ]
Xalies

So I put it in on the 10th and just got the text about 15minutes ago @dacmo so 11 days and I'm guessing that text obiously means its been sent from warehouse 

ryballs

@Dan_C Any news on the updated replacement procedure? Was hoping to start the ball rolling for replacing mine tomorrow.

dacmo

Wow that's a bit long. I was told that it would take a week but then again this is a new process so who knows. I will update when I get mine.

Re: Huawei mate 20 pro green tint issue

charithap

@Millinnium said:

"Optus and all other telcos need to realise that phones are not just phones anymore, and having a situation where you do not have a phone or having to use a temporary loaner interrupts the digital world and transactions we do on the 'phone' (which is really now a digital wallet / card case / social connection / calendar / calculator / etc etc etc)"

Yes this. Couldn't agree more. It's also the ONLY reason people are now willing to spend $1500+ on a phone. When you set up your phone it becomes everything. And in many cases you're only portal to access things that require 2 Factor Authentication (if you're prepared you use something like Authy for cloud backup). 

Xray

Hi all, 

I am experiencing the same issue. After several attempts to contact Live chat and store staff, I have decided to cancel the contract. It is really time consuming and I have briefed the story so many times without any further progress. I went to a store in city today, the staff provided 4 solutions, but no matter how, I have to send back the device for test and wait until new stock came. It is really a nightmare and I don't know how many other dramas in the future. So just wanted to make it simple and easy. I will cancel the contract this Friday. Apart from the green tint, the device is pretty good though. No others can beat so far. Anyway, it is a pity.

Re: Huawei mate 20 pro green tint issue

PhilC

Hi @Kk8,

You may be able to get a replacement in store if stock is available. If not I do believe you'll need to submit your device to be repaired or replaced when visiting a store.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

RadDan1982

This is my Huawei Mate 20 pro after 3 days, and yes the screen is on and not asleep. Also if it started running a bit hot the bottom half of the screen would start flashing white like a strobe light received_190046141926515.jpeg

Daniel Misura

RadDan1982

Go into your phone setting scroll right down to the bottom selection, I think it says "About Phone". Then you need to look for the model number, if it says LYA-L09 that's the effected model, and if it say LYA-L29 that's the non effected model. You can also read it on the box it came in on the side sticker next to the barcode IMG_0001.JPG

Daniel Misura

tuloks

@RadDan1982 That's horrible 3 days of use and you get that from a premium phone. Can you please check your S/N so that we can check which batch is yours? Also if you can check if that's BOE/LG screen. Thanks.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
60 Kudos
19 Kudos
19 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos