Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

OlegA

Just got a call from Chaddy, saying the same exact thing.

While I was speaking to them I forgot to ask, what is exactly stopping you from canceling your contract and re-contracting with a new phone (Mate 20 Pro) on the spot?

Millinnium

I got a call from Chaddy Optus as well.

I'm ok if they take the phone and send a new one out as long as the new one is verified not to have the same screen issues. The last thing i want after spending time dropping off the phone and waiting for a new phone replacement is to get the same screen issues.

Also, agree with the confusion as yesterday (19/11) i went to the store and they were happy to do a swap but did not have stock. Today (20/11) they rang me up and said the procedure have changed to having to send the phone in and a new one gets despatch out of the warehouse. @Dan_C can you confirm this is the new procedure?

dacmo

So just an update. It looks like Optus now has a new process where they will do replacement with “known good stock” from Huawei. Spoke to the manager at Chadstone and read the new process that is on the dashboard and I’m now in the process of handing my phone in. 

charithap

@Dan_C might be worth making a sticky thread for people with this issue to go to with the your official advice. More and more people starting to have this issue jumping on here and your post is getting lost. 

dacmo

Was a bit irritated at first because it looked like they were giving me the runaround but they’ve been very good in explaining why the new process has been put in place. Kudos to the team at Chadstone so far.

ryballs

After some discussion with @Dan_C regarding this new procedure, this is my basic understanding of how it'll work:

1. Ask store to replace your affected unit with good stock as per new procedure
  2. Store sends a warranty replacement request to their warehouse
  3. Warehouse dispatches a unit to the store from new unaffacted stock
  4. Store informs you new stock has arrived for upfront replacement
  5. Go into store and get your faulty handset replaced with good stock

Maelfice

Hi All,

Just an update on my phone. Its been more than a week now and so far the replacement phone is not getting any green tint (the last one I had would have had the green tint by now). so far looking good. I do notice a slight grayish shade on the edges but it appears to be normal, unlike the green tint. I guess its just the shadow of the bent glass. Or so I would like to think. I compared it with a Galaxy S8 and the latter seems to have this as well, although a bit less. 

However, I am still bothered by the dimming issue on the screen. I guess nobody else is getting this issue since I posted it earlier? For those who missed it, this happens when you open up an app that is mostly white (e.g. ebay, messenger, email). Even with the auto adjust brightness off, the screen dims slightly after a few seconds. The dim is quite noticeable but its not very dark. I was tempted to create another thread for that if it becomes widespread. I did report it to Huawei and got several calls over the weekend. unfortunately i missed them all. When I called back on Monday I was informed that a supervisor was trying to call me. So I guess they are taking it seriously but I am still waiting for them to call me again. I can replicate the issue almost 95% of the time so I want to know if this is meant to be or if it is a bug, but based on what I have read in the forums, I can conclude that it is a bug that happens to a lot of released huawei phones. If its software, then I am not much flustered since that can be corrected with a new patch.

For those of you who wants to get out of this nightmare, I see Razer Phone 2 is available now in the Optus store, although heaps more expensive and out of stock currently. Haha. Didn't expect that phone to be so in demand but its a good alternative for those who want a similarly fast android phone, although the camera wouldn't be as great as the mate 20 pro.

I think I will stick around with this replacement but if it ever starts to show signs of turning green then I'm out. 

Highlighted

MrYJDrake

Thanks for the clarification @ryballsand @Dan_C

As someone who is a contractor by the hour, I don't have time to stand in a store and do the swap over. 

Is it possible to get my replacement sent out, do the swap over overnight, and then return the old one? 

I've had a different Telco do exactly that process for a warranty claim I made for my original Pixel (from that I'm sure you can work out who the Telco was), 

I'm at a course all of this upcoming weekend, and I'm working all of this week, and then for twelve days straight from Monday. And if i Don't work, I don't get paid. 

Can you provide insight? 

Dan_C

@MrYJDrake, that's definitely an option.

Contact us on Live Chat 

Personal → Mobile → General and billing support. We'll arrange for a prepaid return satchel. 

You'll be able to track the progress of your repair via our Device Claim Status Check page.

Just an FYI - We'll have more communication going out shortly. I'm hoping that'll go out by the end of today or early tomorrow.

Hopefully it'll a few of the other questions you guys have. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Xalies

That page seems pointless @Dan_C when I put my BASC it just says Claim has been submitted on the 10/11/2018 but today I get another text saying that I will be contacted when my device has bee assessed and now the new BASC number just says the same Claim has been submitted but with 20/11/2018.

So as a side note I asked online chat if they could see about stock at local stores. I wanted to add a U11 onto my account and I know its no longer available online. after asking my account info for whatever reason he tried to sell me a Huawei Mate 20 pro and a Nova 3i both phones I have already and they would of seen that, WTF and no he clearly meant to sell them because once i said that he tried Pixel 3

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
36 Kudos
21 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos