Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

JulieT22

Can anyone pls post a picture of mate20 pro thats not affected with the green tint? Put it in zero brightness and in dark area, just want to see the difference. Tia

Highlighted

Xalies

@Troz I got a loaner while my phone got sent away. I had to ask and it's just if the store has a loaner.. unfortunately they stuck me with a j1 mini and wanted $40 for deposit that I get back but now given the situation they will most probably just replace it on the spot. You might just have to remind them of this is a known issue and doesn't need to get sent away and there's a notice in their online system about this phone

charithap

So part 2 if this saga for me after having 'successfully' cancelled my contract and changed handset the bill came today. And of course it makes no sense. I'm seeing plan changed charge plus mention of Mate 20 pro charges (1/3). Amazing job Optus truly for doing your jobs so well. Looking forward to another 1 hour phone call.

OlegA

I have an affected BOE screen, with green tint appearing at high brightness in a lit area (which is arguably more annoying).

I was advised that only flagship stores are able to do on the spot replacement, which surprise surprise they have been out of stock since last week (hopefully because they holding back potentially faulty units).

Also, I was told in the store that I can opt to cancel my contract, however, I will need to do that within 30 days of receiving my phone.

So now I am just playing a waiting game for flagship store to get some stock (lucky live chat person gave me a direct number for one of these stores, so I don't have to physically go there just to ask if they have stock). I am definitely not sending my phone off, I lost all confidence with boomerang over the years. 

If it comes close to 30-day mark and they have no stock or I get another faulty unit Ill probably cancel the contract, as I am not taking the chances after that.

[ Edited ]
fusion9

That 30 day replacement timelimit is exactly what i was worried about.

This thread has a good way to test it. I suspect mine has a very light green/light bleeding at the top of the screen as when I open a privage chrome tab (grey) it seems more lit at the top of the screen. Hard to tell at this moment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Huawei/comments/9u1xnt/_/

Will get app and do testing as I now have approx 2 weeks before I hit the 30day mark.

MrYJDrake

I know it's been the weekend and all, but so far it's 3 and a half days since I got this email promising a call from Optus within 48 hours.. 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Android/Huawei-Mate-20-Pro-Green-tinted-display-issue/m-p/500901/hi...

Xalies

So I got my phone on the 1st, sent it back on the 10th and just got a text another saying that they will be in contact when it has been  assessed. Ummm wtf?

Redsboy1985

Hi.Just return and get Samung note 9.Brilliant phone.I was getting Huawei mate 20 but issues worldwide really put me off.No guarantee BOE screens will be good.Cheers.

dacmo

@Dan_C looks like the Optus stores are giving us the runaround again. I’m at the Chadstone store and they are refusing to process and immediate replacement. They want to take my phone and then wait I’ll have wait for a claim. I’m definitely not sending my phone in this way. The stores and the store managers are really letting you guys down. 

rurouni3443

My mate 20 pro is one week old and I just notice the green on the left side last night, since then it just won't get out of my face! @Dan_C I just want to ask if I decided to take it back to optus and get another phone say Note 9, do I need to cancel the current contract and start a new one? My situation is that I've terminated my previous contract early in order to take up the special offer of 1 free month on click frenzy day which would offset the early termination fee, so if I cancel this contract and start a new one for the Note 9 I would be out of pocket for that 1 month. Or maybe I should wait a couple of weeks to see if the new batch of mate 20 pro is problem free, is there a 7 days or 30 days period for an instant replacement or do they all have to go through Boomerang after a certain days?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
18 Kudos
13 Kudos