cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor NSipos
New Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

While I've already contacted Dan and got feedback from Optus regarding an in store replacement if in stock, I thought I'd mention that not only did my screen have a green tint for the last week, the whole left side of my screen now looks like the glue is coming apart, e.g. It's got a permanent grey line down the side of the phone.

Ive also read on Reddit that a new batch of phones will come in mid December so I'm actually thinking of waiting to get a replacement. The one time I went in store (before getting feedback from Optus on FB) they knew nothing about it.

0 Kudos
New Contributor PopperJuice
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

I'm also part of the club. Just want to say I read through all of this and went to Bondi Junction store and they were really helpful and as much as I like this phone I decided to recontract to a Pixel as I didn't trust that the issue would be fixed. They said they'll contact me once it's ready.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Faisal_K
New Contributor

Hi Guys, I also have the same green tint issue on my phone. Reading through all the posts, I went through Optus Live Chat. After all the usual "go to Optus Retai & send it for assessment" chat, I refused to go to Optus store. The person at the end said about Early life Failure and organise a replacement set. I said I won't take a refurbished or repaired set. They said I will get a new unopened set. They are going to send me a sachet to send my current phone back & then Optus will be in contact with me.

See how it goes. I'll keep you updated.

0 Kudos
Contributor CAELIA
Contributor

Hi guys, just a quick update I finally cancelled my contract today in the Belmont store in Perth.

I send my phone to boomerang on 8th November, and get reply on 13th November  said it has been approved. Coz I am overseas at that time so I can't do anything till today.

I went to the store, the store manager checked the email, followed the directions has been given by optus, I also see Dan's message on their notice board. 

Thanks again for dan and all your guys, help me go through this situation.

My opinion is If you go to the store, the best way probably is talk to the store manger straight away instead of the staff, the message about this case is on the top of the notice board in their system. 

Good luck everyone.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor windclouddr
Occasional Contributor

got freebuds and wireless charger today. Huawei claimed it worth $348 but it is not. the charger they send to me is not a standard set, it is a cheaper version, selling price is only 99 chinese yuan (AUD $20 only). this is cheating. How they add these up to $348?
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

what i got is model CP60 only worth $20-$30, anyone got different model?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor dacmo
Contributor

I got the CP60 as well but I'm not sure where you guys are getting the price of $20-30 from. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

you can buy this model from huawei China store,  cost 99chinese yuan, equal to 20 aud...

0 Kudos
Contributor charithap
Contributor

Wow if this is actually true I'm really glad I swapped to a Note. The pre-order bonus was a significant cost incentive for me to go with the Mate 20 Pro over other phones. That's shifty as hell if they're lieing on the RRP of it by that much. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@windclouddr Most things are cheaper when buying direct from China though. The CP60 sells in Singapore for SG$99 (AU$98), Europe for 58 Euro (AU$90) and would likely sell for around $100 here too. 

Top Contributors