Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Maelfice
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

@Dan_C first of all thanks for the support you have given us on this.

Its been a couple of days since i got my BOE replacement and all seems well. My worry is that what if this green tint issue suddenly shows up after a month or two? What then? Will my phone still be eligible for replacement? Im worried because the first phone i got is a BOE and yet it still has the green tint. So having the BOE stock is not a guarantee for me .Please advise .Thanks.

0 Kudos
MrYJDrake
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Maelfice you’re still protected by a 12 month warranty 

0 Kudos
Xalies
Contributor
Contributor

its a 2 year warranty I believe. oh I just got that email from Huawei... interesting

0 Kudos
dacmo
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I just saw it appear in my mailbox as well.

0 Kudos
Hari_30
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I got the mail from huawei, waiting to see what they will offer!!

0 Kudos
Tonty
New Contributor
New Contributor

@

0 Kudos
Ry21
Contributor
Contributor

Got the email and the goodies... I won't have high expectations from their calls.. they probably just say 1.2 sorry 2. Deal with Optus..  either way note 9 is amazing.

0 Kudos
Tonty
New Contributor
New Contributor

Went to Optus store in rundle mall Adelaide and was told by the staff that they have not been informed about the issue but happy to help me send to phone to Sydney for assessment. After telling him about the post Dan_c posted, staff still insisted for sending my phone away as the only option I have. Will have to go to different store tomorrow..... @Dan_C

0 Kudos
Maelfice
Contributor
Contributor

Yep the warranty is there but i guess what im trying to confirm to @Dan_C is should this green tint issue show up at any point in time, be it 1 month from purchase or 6 months, will optus/huawei honor the instant replacement, no questions asked kind of treatment that we have now? Im worried that this issue might show up when this whole thing dies down and i get push backs from optus and huawei saying no we dont replace anymore. I guess if you have a non defective old stock (manufactured before 5 nov) you will never really feel that the phone you got is 100% non defective. At least for me that is what i feel right now. Unless huawei offers to recall all phones manufactured post 5 november and replace with a new stock which i doubt they will do.

At any rate, anyone in this scenario can get the get a new phone after 1 year offer that optus have on a new contract. I assume they wont be denying us of that if they see a green tint on the screen? Afterall, they sold it to us like that in the first place. Just saying. 

0 Kudos
tuloks
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Pulled the trigger and opted to upgrade my sim only plan the night before the freebuds and wireless charger promotion ends. Even though I have done my research and found out about this phone going incredible HULK, still I did pre-order it. Hardware wise IMO this is the phone I want to replace my HTC 10 due to battery issues. Now, I have been following this forum because YES Optus I got a green tint issues and it's annoying. It's been there after 48hrs of medium usage. I will wait for awhile after a couple can confirm that they got a new batch with BOE/LG without anymore green tint issues. I have been with Optus for a year now I am satisfied with the sevices I got, I hope I will not go through the horrible experiences mostly of our members here endured.
On the positive note. I just want to comment because I got already my freebies from Huawei.
I just wish all of us can get a Mate 20 Pro without any issues it is really an awesome phone even though I like rooting my android phone I think I can live without it.

IMG_20181117_113858.jpg

0 Kudos
Top Contributors