Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Dan_C

At this stage, it does look as though the LG display is the main culprit. 

You can find the display manufacture by using the Device info app from the Google play store.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Xalies

Not putting the blame to anyone as I know things can happen @Dan_C I just thought it odd. Atfer I typed that I was thinking that why would Optus test in a dark to dim room with the brightness very low anyway. They would trust the main fuctions work and focus on their network combatibitly/firmware.

I know we are inconvenienced by this but what about Optus? They order all these phones from Hauwei, have to deal with all of this through no fault of their own. (I know a former Optus shop employee and she suffered some abusing customers in her time). Optus no doubt would need to deal with Hauwei at some point for selling them the phones in the first place. If the problem does lay with the LG screens then wouldnt Hauwei have to deal with LG for that?

@fusion9 I would say if you want to keep the phone maybe wait till new stock and if they seem fine, exchange. I am gonna do the same thing if the one I get back from Boomerang does the same green screen because I do like the phone and want to keep it

[ Edited ]
fusion9

@@Xalies@Happy to do that as 4 days on I have no symptoms. Mine is an Lg screen.

My issue is how long will Optus honour the return for this problem?

I don't blame Optus tbh although they could start warning customers now. It's an expensive phone/plan to suffer on.

dacmo

Hi @Dan_C, so we will be able to continue to replace the units multiple times until we get a good one, correct?

GibsonG

I just got a phone call from Huawei, I told them about the options from optus, and they said they understand why I canceled the contract and apologized to me. I really appreciate what optus has done, one more question, can I claim back the payment of first month? 

Dan_C

That's exactly right @dacmo

If the device comes back and it's still impacted by the issue, you're still eligible for a replacement, recontract or cancellation.

@GibsonG, I'm sure we'd be able to cover the handset repayment, but I'm fairly certain you'd still need to pay the service access fee (your rate plan - minus any handset repayments). 

Happy to get that confirmed. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

GibsonG

Hey Dan, thanks for prompt reply, my plan has no handset repayment, so I’m happy to pay the service fee, have a good weekend.

Dan_C

No problem, I'll find out anyway.

I'm sure others have the same question. 

Highlighted

MrYJDrake

B9BABDA0-4D41-4B61-AD3A-B76092A7DFF7.jpeg

MrYJDrake

Moments ago just got this email. 

Will be be interesting to see what comes of this 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos