Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Vanderlay6

Dan c

Do you know when Optus will have new stock without the display issue?

RoverDownUnder

Hi All

I am experiencing the same issues with my screen now. Got the phone a week ago and over the last few days the Green has started to spread in from the sides. 

Quick question which may have been answered in the previous 40 pages of comments so apologies for asking again...do you have to take the phone back to the same store you got it from? It is easier if not for logistical reasons and I am aware of time ticking on. 

Thanks

[ Edited ]
ryballs

Just thought I'd post some potentially useful yet unadvertisted contact details if anyone is looking for them:

Optus Boomerang service centre: 1800 505 888

Huawei Mobile Australia: mobile.au@mail01.huawei.com

I also spoke with a manager at the marketing company that's handling the Mate 20 Pro promotion and he promised to bring up the green tint issue when he next talked directly with the heads of Huawei Australia.

MrYJDrake

@Maelfice and @ryballs - My goodies showed up this morning. 

An unfortunately common issue for me, is the buds don't fit comfortably, so they're already up for sale now, but at least they showed up relatively quickly. 

The wireless charger is impressive though.

ryballs

@MrYJDrake I read a review that the earbud tips included with Huawei FreeBuds are low quality, but the rest of the package is great. They said it signficantly improved comfort and sound quality when they replaced the original tips with some better ones. I already have some tips from a broken pair of Plantronics BackBeat Go's ready to go for when my FreeBuds arrive.

MrYJDrake

@ryballs it's pretty challenging for me to find comfortable Buds in general. 

I've just reverted to my Bose Cans.

Maelfice

keen on getting mine but no sign yet. did you lodge that claim on the same day you got the phone? (assuming thats 1 Nov).

I lodged mine on 1 Nov but I guess I will be on the second batch as per what Huawei told me when I called them earlier. 

dacmo

So my Freebuds and Wireless Charger just appeared on my doorstep this morning with no notice sent (as the others have mentioned). 

Pretty happy with the Freebuds after I changed the tips to the larger ones. I tried some tips from my other earbuds but they somehow affected the ability of the Freebuds to fit into the charging case (strange). They sound decent enough. Will keep them around for a while to see if I keep them long term. 

ManChu

Hi. I just replace this green tint phone with an iPhone XR with Optus 4days before and now I got the mate 20 pro bonus at my font door step..... what should I do now.

dacmo

You can always use it with your XR

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
36 Kudos
21 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos