Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Gordon6517
New Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Hi All

I got the Mate 20 pro from Optus as well and my phone is displaying the same issues. After numerous online chats and being assured that I will get quick help I had a pathetic experience at Hornsby store.

First of all the staff was not aware of the issue. I showed them the forum and posts from Dan. They could not find the announcement and then could not figure out what to mention as the fault. After wasting 45 mins they refused to help. Despite giving them proof of purchase and id, they still wanted to see my passport. Then just asked me to come back with the required id.

I was a vodafone customer and ported my phone to Optus but I am already regretting my decision. I asked them for an option to recontract and no help provided. After coming back I tried to get some help via online chat and the guy asked me to go to an APPLE store and claim warranty. Shows the appalling state of the customer service.

I am flying out of country soon and despite me telling them that I need help immediately,  neither my phone was accepted for replacement nor was I given any other help.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hm. Which store was this @Gordon6517

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Gordon6517
New Contributor

Hi Dan

It was Hornsby Westfield store.

0 Kudos
New Contributor AC000000
New Contributor

Hi Optus, I seriously wonder whether you can provide us a phone that is not manufactured by LG screen. As I have been asked to go to store and go back online for over 5 times. I am sick of rushing around. And now, I know you would like to offer me an exchange but seems the problem isnworldwide .If you cannot provide us a clear explanation or solution, why would we keep changing the phone that we know it is likely to carry a manufacturer faulty? Especially, now we all know there is a different screen in the same phone that has no problem at all .Btw my phone is very green now. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Vanderlay6
Occasional Contributor

What is Australian law regarding selling faulty products ?

0 Kudos
Contributor charithap
Contributor

@johnms1986 have the same story and experience. Went in yesterday to get my Note9. Took about an hour becaue the girl had no idea about the process. Wasn't her fault she did well in the end to figure it out and have me walk out with the Note9. All sorted for now.

Contributor Ry21
Contributor

Posted mine out since yesterday.. I'll see what they say.. probably can't replicate the issue.. lol

0 Kudos
New Contributor Helixd
New Contributor

I have PM you already Thanks

0 Kudos
New Contributor Lukyjay
New Contributor

@Vanderlay6 google: ACCC Repair, replace, refund

But please note, Dan_C has already offered these three solutions on an earlier page. All you have to do it go to a store with your proof of purchase and the box with the device.

I swapped mine for a note 9. Thanks Dan_C. I really appreciate you helping us on these forums, I would be very stressed if not for your support. 

0 Kudos
Contributor charithap
Contributor

+1 on kudos to @Dan_C

0 Kudos