cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor Xalies
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

I just checked @dacmo and nope they didn't update it. Mine still says the same as yours

Contributor dacmo
Contributor

Thanks @Xalies. Hopefully mine shows up soon too.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Good news. Huawei promotions called me back and informed me that I had made a mistake on my email and the items will be shipped out tomorrow.

Huawei themselves also emailed me asking for more information on the green screen fault as I notified them about it about a week ago via a form on their website. I asked for a replacement with BOE panel. Will see where this goes.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor johnms1986
Occasional Contributor

Just a heads up i just got back from one of the smaller stores. Staff were aware of the issue but had no idea about what to do about it. Staff then called their manager. 

I just wanted a re-contract for the Note 9. Process wise. She had to fill out manual paperwork. Send in a report to someone for approval. Once they approve it (said it should be tomorrow) i just bring in everything that came with the phone and obviously the phone itself and take home the Note 9.

All in all they did pretty well considering they had no idea what to do and were winging it. Hopefully it does take the 1 day and i can get my new phone tomorrow. But yes, i feel if you did go to a flagship store it would be a little quicker.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Flurocity
New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share my recent experience. I went into the Penrith Optus store and showed them a picture of the green tint issue which i had taken on another device as well as a screen shot from Dan_C's comments on page 27. I asked them to go to their system and to read through the update, which they did and offered to put me back onto a sim only plan that i was previously on, which i was happy with. 

I did call up a smaller Optus store during the day and they basically declined knowing anything about the green tint issue and were very unhelpful. So i guess your sucess very much depends on what store you go to. Like other's here i suggest going to a larger store if possible. 

I'll probably wait until Huawei starts shipping a new batch of phones and upgrade my sim only plan back to what i was on previously. The store did offer me a replacement, but the likihood of the same issue manifesting itself woudld be quite high, given other peoples comments here. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor djandrewlim
Occasional Contributor

Hi guys, just updating on my walk-in earlier today.

Went to Yes Optus in Garden City, which was the biggest one in my vicinity, talked to the welcome/greet staff to be handed off to a customer service rep.

When I told him “Mate 20 Pro Green Screen issue, please check announcement under MUST READ”, he seemed to ring a bell but went back just to check. He seemed quite friendly and sympathetic.

But when he came out there was a supervisor-type of person with him, basically taking over and telling me they had to confirm the issue by sending the phone to Boomerang.

I was about to turn angry but tried to remain calm. I told her that this sounds like the standard warranty procedure that will take too much time for me.

I also said that while I would prefer to just try a replacement, if you can’t do it I’ll just cancel my contract. She then said that they didn’t have any stock of Mate 20 Pro at the shop. I was like, you have Zero units of Mate 20  Pro?? And she was like yes.(Told me it was actually back-ordered, which I thought was either very surprising or just not true)

Either way I then asked if they could check any nearby stores that did have stock, told them I would even drive there myself to pick it up.

She then “went back to check” and actually called the second closes store which was a 15 min drive and arranged the swap under my name. 

I drove to the other store, came out in less than 10 min even with all the paperwork. (Kudos to the Staff at Browns Plains.)

I have yet to check the new phone, I’ll do that later tonight, but I’m not too optimistic. Thought about recontracting with another phone as well but there was really nothing exciting at the Optus bullpen at the moment. If this one turns green I’ll probably go in again to cancel and wait for Galaxy S10 on my old IP8.

Whoa that turned out longer than I meant to. 

Good luck all!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor johnms1986
Occasional Contributor

Seems as if stores are slowly getting the memo. From reading up on other forums it seems even the replacements are being effected. From an Optus point of view they hopefully can make this more seamless.

I have to wait a day or two for the approval before i can hand in the phone which is now even to show green tint on lighter/whiter colours such as this forum

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, I'm sorry it's been a few days since my last update.

I just wanted to wait until there was an update worth sharing.

I can confirm that our warehouse has received a number of samples. All tested Optus supplied handsets have the LG OLED display fitted. 

We expect to have an official message from Huawei soon.  As soon as that comes through, I'll let you guys know. 

At this time, we're continuing to support our customers with the options I've stated a few pages back. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Helixd
New Contributor

I have been to Marrickville Optus shop and told them about the issue.They said they have not received any notice and do not have any stock in the shop.I looked around the shop actually I do not see any huawei mobile sample. I tried to ask him to check the system about the notice @Dan_C made but the staff refused and looked impatient.Very bad experience.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'll send an email @Helixd, can I grab some details from you?

PM them across.

- Full name

- DOB

- Mobile

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors