Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

johnms1986

Really appreciate the quick response and good advice. I just cant deal with a phone with another major hardware flaw. Will keep everyone posted on how i go when i head in after work. 

Debbie_xu

Hi Guys, 

I just returned back the Mate 20 pro via post. Thanks you all for contributing the solutions.

I went to the Optus store twice last week, and staff there didn't know the issue and couldn't help except for sending to assessment. I just walked away as you said it would just make the problem more complicated. I cancel the contract via OnlineChat after showing them this topic on YesCrowd. The online staff was helpful, and I kept my number with Optus prepaid. They sent the satchel last week, which they say would take 3-5 businees days to be delivered. I got the parcel yesterday and returned the device in the morning. 

I like this mate 20 pro except for the screen, but Huawei just makes us disgusting for their no response and no action. I would say no responding fits their best interest, but they need to slove the issue without painful wait and delay. 

Highlighted

johnms1986

Thank you for that information - I really am not looking forward to going in store as i do not want to be made to have to go through a whole song & dance process wise - I want to stay with Optus, i just dont want to have this phone anymore as i can see this happening again in the future so just cut ties early. Yes the phone is great, but i will always be worried the problem will return.

ryballs

So who's gotten a call from Huawei, I heard they are offering BOE replacements? I got a missed call from (07) 3295 1452 yesterday, is that them?

dacmo

My call from Huawei came in as Private Number

MrYJDrake

"My call from Huawei came in as Private Number"

Is this in response to a complaint to Huawei directly, or from the Ausdroid action? 

I'm keen to get mine replaced, but I'm going to wait until they've got stock that won't have this problem again.

[ Edited ]
ryballs

@MrYJDrake This is what I'm waiting for too. Seems like our only options are to wait and hope that Optus is still honoring in-store replacements by the time the apparently less prone "B1" LG stock arrives, or somehow get a BOE replacement direct from Huawei.

[ Edited ]
dacmo

Was in response to a complaint to Huawei directly.

Also, based on the conversation with Huawei's support, the replacement will need to come from Optus and not directly from them.

charithap

Sounds right, the firmware will need be the Optus one so it'll never come directly from them if you're under Optus.

ryballs

@charithap That makes sense. Damn. Smiley Sad

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
36 Kudos
21 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos