cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Xalies
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

So I called into the Optus store that I dropped my phone into as I lost the text they sent so I couldn't check online.

They told me that the place that they sent the phone couldn't replicate the problem. I told them the issue when I gave them the phone and no doubt its all online. Any chance that it could be software and a factory reset would fix, I doubt this as I reset it after it was fully uptodate so they must just be incompetent right?

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Xalies This is exactly why I won't send my phone to Boomerang. They're bloody useless. 

0 Kudos
Contributor charithap
Contributor

So I'm in a dumb weird state right now. After going in to recontract to a Note9 I was told its all good they'll send some paperwork off and get back to me during the week. On Monday I got some emails confirming that I'm on my new contract now. And even called and checked with Live chat that I am now on a Note9 contract and there's no mention of a Mate 20 Pro. Yet I still have my Mate 20 Pro and no Note9. I called the store and they said the person handling me isn't in until Sunday but I can come in and they can look into it. Sigh I haven't had a chance to go in yet (because life) but will go in tomorrow night. I'm really hoping I can walk out with my new phone and give this thing back and be done with it.

Optus: You really need to sort out this disconnect between Store Staff, Live Chat and your Customer Care line. They all seem to work in silos yet you are one company to us. These bounderies only exist to you and they make our lives really damn hard. I should be able to go into a store and be able have them take care of my online order and account just as well as someone in Customer Care. I don't want to walk into a store to ask for help and support just to be passed a phone to speak to Customer Care. This is not good service if that's how you're going to be, what sets you apart from cheaper service providers? cc @Dan_C thank you for your support on this forum, but I hope you can pass this on to someone that might listen.

Occasional Contributor Vanderlay6
Occasional Contributor

I'm thinking of getting a mate 20 pro but with all the problems I'm seeing I don't think it's a good idear 

I think it's very poor that the company has not made a statement of the problem.

Also I'm surprised optus is still selling the phone when it's obvious there's a problem.

Looking faith in both companies 

Contributor Xalies
Contributor

I still think you should as it is quite a good device BUT with that said I would maybe hold off until this screen problem is sorted.

0 Kudos
Contributor charithap
Contributor

I think its a great phone and I have enjoyed using it. But at the same time at $1600 there needs to be a level of after sales support. At that price you're competing with Apple and Samsung who have stores around Australia that can turn around a repair in a few hours (best case, sometimes longer). If something goes wrong then what? Go through Optus so they can send it off to assessment etc etc 2 weeks later you might have a repaired phone back or they can't replicate the problem and refused to help you.

New Contributor Tommyinit
New Contributor

Just have the phone from Optus for couple of days. I can see this green tinted display issue from the edge of my phone. What should I do now? Can anyone tell me?

0 Kudos
Contributor dacmo
Contributor

You have a few options. I would say read the post by Dan_C on page 27. You are entitled to a replacement or you can cancel the plan and go for another phone or you could completely cancel your plan as well.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor johnms1986
Occasional Contributor

Just developed the green tint 10 days after purchase. I dont want this phone. I had to deal with the LG G4 bootloop saga with repairs etc only for it to return. 

Is this as easy as going into an Optus store, explaining the situation, showing them the green tint and getting a different replacement phone like the Note 9 or Pixl 3? Are all staff now aware? 

Or is this a process where they will make me jump through hoops, leave me without a phone for a week before anything happens? Heading into a store after work so want to know what im in for.

Just to clarify i do not want to leave Optus but i dont want to go through another phone with a hardware debacle

Any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
Contributor dacmo
Contributor

Yes if they've read Dan_C's announcement that you can find on page 27 of this thread. I had to ask the guys at the store I went to check that. After they read it they gave me the options listed there. Also, it might be good to head to a bigger Optus store instead of the smaller franchised ones. 

Top Contributors