Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

ManChu

Latest update from Griffith NSW 2680

Received the call this morning for recontract into other headset and I choose iPhone xr 128. Fill a little paper work at 10am and wait for approval to send back of mate 20 pro. At 4pm I received a brand new iPhone xr black 128gb. I really really appreciate with Optus work hard on this issue which suppose to be Huawei responsibility. Once again thanks for Dan and Griffith shop stuff member. So helpful.

BluPlox

Done!!! Thanks for the link man, was planning on getting to the ausdroid stuff right after my exams but this made it a lot easier to get it done asap. 

And hey thanks y'all for making this forum thread so impactful!! And Dan from optus for being such an absolute customer service legend, you calmed a while lot of anxiety ridden hearts.

Hope Huawei starts straightening s*#$ up soon, has been quite the painstakingly long and drawn out endeavour for justic...oh wait all we wanted was replacements and stuff....uhh why did this take so long again?🤔

All jokes aside, I hope we all eventually get a decent outcome. In the mean time, keep dem (evidence/occurrance)reports comingSmiley Happy 

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Xalies

Really wished I waited but dropped mine back to my local optus store saturday. After an optus rep told me they would exchange it, so not to happy about that. Now I'm just worried I'll either get the same issue with the replacement, if thats what I get or  the same issue if they replace screen.

ManChu

Yes. I am really appreciate with this topic is opened and gathering our impacted customers edvience. I really wanna say thanks to Dan who make the most effort here and my local Optus shop employee and manager Griffith NSW 2680. Even though I am the only case in this little town so far but they put in attention and research.

Once again. I am happy with my new iPhone xr plan. But honestly I know Huawei finally will fix all the green tint issue. Strongly recommended our dearest customer if you have a spare phone you can wait for the official issue come with Huawei Australia but if you dont trust this Optus can still offer you swap with other headset and recontract as well. Or even you can recontract with the byo phone plan perhaps. I strongly recommended Optus to be stay with as I search the other cellular Vxdxxxxx they have nothing deal with the green tint yet. So we should be proud with optus. It did something before the factory should do first to our customers.

ryballs

@Xalies If you do have the same issue with your replacement, please tell Huawei as this is the best evidence we currently have of how widespread the issue is. 

Sydar

Hello all, just to provide you all with an update.

Unfortunately, the Mate 20 Pro I got yesterday is exhibiting the the green tint around the edges again.  Although it is not as bad as the first time, it is still affecting the phones from the batch offered as replacement.  

@Dan_CI know a few others have asked, I would like to know as well that: 1)  In my situation, since I have already replaced onces, would I be able to obtain another replacement?  2) Would I be able to wait for the batch that's not affected by this issue and then replace?  Thanks.

Rizky89

Thanks for the update @Sydar. Sucks that your replacement unit was still affected 😔. 

I feel like you are still entitled for another replacement when new batches arrive as your unit is still faulty and within rights for a replacement

dacmo

Yeah I'm also wondering how many replacement we can have? Is there a limit?

Also, after my online chat with Huawei the other day, someone from an offshore call centre contacted me this evening. Essentially their response is "we're sorry you're having this issue but you should go back to the provider to get it replaced or fixed". Although I think that is probably within their rights to say that because the phones are locked to the Optus network, I think that Huawei Australia is dropping the ball in terms of getting ahead of the messaging to the masses. This can and will look really bad for the brand when your flagship is below par in terms of quality. It's not as bad as exploding phones or something like that but unhappy customers can damage a brand and some good will goes a long way. So far Optus (or specifically @Dan_C) has done a good job making sure that we should get the replacements that are entitled to under Australian law but it has also shown a gap in their communication link that it seems that the customers have to tell them to read the announcements in their own system when it has a but *MUST READ* an is on the top of the pile. So for now, I'll wait to get my replacement from Optus once the new stock comes in hopefully this week but I'm still rather disappointed at Huawei's response.

[ Edited ]
Xalies

wow a Google search really reveals that it is wide spread. I see a user on readit suggested theirs was brought on by heat from charging .... I wonder if theres anything to that

Maelfice

The replacement I got from Huawei is BOE as well (the first defective one is also from BOE). So far i dont see any green tint. Right now im trying to use it a lot with games and videos and hope for the best as I know it usually comes out after a couple of days of use. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
18 Kudos
13 Kudos