Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Yansian
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Yesterday I was told by Chat to go to a store to process my cancellation, I went but was told by store staff to come back Monday (today) as it was impossible to process a cancellation on a Sunday. I went back to a larger Optus store (Garden City) and was told that it must be done over the phone so I asked the sales staff to make the call. Before he called I informed him that I had not actually activiated my optus sim as I noticed the defect pretty much straight away. While I was waiting for Optus staff to come back my current service sudenly stopped while I was using my old phone, they had churned my number to Optus without even telling me and then told me that I would now be charged for the first bill and that I might be shocked due to having to pay in advance. Apparently this was the only way to process the return. That sounds like a load of crap to me. I would have thought it would be easier to process the cancellation without activiting my service. Certainly for me anyway! Now I have to churn asap to another provider if I want to keep this number. I am not impressed with Optus at all and certainly wouldn't recommend them or this phone to anyone considering it. 

0 Kudos
Ry21
Contributor
Contributor

Screenshot_20181112_144250_com.facebook.orca.jpg

Ignorance knows no bounds, texted them 7th Nov.. they got back to me today saying they aren't aware

ryballs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

We finally got an Australian article written about this issue guys, the word is out! Feel free to comment on there about your experience.

The journalist is fairly sceptical regarding the scale and asking for evidence: "who you are, what you bought, from where, and some images of the issue (if possible)." If @Ry21 @Wandering @CAELIA @charithap @JamesJiang @swallowtail @Yansian @Sydar @GibsonG @ManChu @Rob83 @Maelfice and the rest of you guys could please provide him with as many details/photos as possible via their webform, it would be much appreciated.

Especially if you have or are getting a replacement Mate 20 Pro, please let us/him know if the new one has the same issue.

dacmo
Contributor
Contributor

I chatted with the Huawei Australia folks online and after I sent my IMEI and photos of the issue, they say that they can definitely see the green tint issue on the screen and will be in touch in 24-72 hours. I'll also head in to the Optus store tomorrow to see what they can do for me.

0 Kudos
Ry21
Contributor
Contributor

@ryballs gladly.. where do I sign up.. 

charithap
Contributor
Contributor

I think you're a lot better of going in to Optus and failing that giving them a call and/or flagging that store with @Dan_C instead of trying to deal with Huawei directly. Live Chat also seems to be useless by the looks of it.

As much as I enjoyed the phone Huawei have proven they're totally useless when it comes to after sales support and acknowledging their issues to support their customers. After going into store yesterday I got emails today confirming my recontract to a Note9. I won't quite be celebrating until I actually have it and I've given this one back but it's promising. Definitely won't be getting a Huawei again.

These phones are way too expensive now to not be supported after you buy it or sign the dotted line for one. Both Apple and Samsung have a physical presence here that will support your device on the spot if you go in to their store. I can't even imagine what I'd need to go through for a screen repair if I dropped the Mate 20. 

0 Kudos
ryballs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Ry21 cheers mate! From the article: "Get in touch with Ausdroid and give us some details we can use – who you are, what you bought, from where, and some images of the issue (if possible)." You can also comment on the article itself if you'd like.

JamesJiang
Contributor
Contributor

@dan C. I went to the Carousel shopping centre in Perth again this morning to see if they realized this issue yet. Unfortunately the staffs there are hopeless....I told them to read the Official Communication first and then you'll know what happened. He probably not even check the message and turn out just saying have to shipped my for away for assessment bla bla bla....I then told to him it's clearly indicated on the official communication that we can get a replacement one from the store and he said he didn't have any stock available there (I think it's a lie). Then I said can I cancel my contract in store, he said I gonna pay the remaining contract money to cancel it(this prove that he didn't even check what's writing in official communication). Lucky I have already cancelled my contract through online chat last week now I just wait for the collection kit shipped to me. Today was just a bypass and see how the store react to this issue, not surprisingly they just helpless. The staffs in Carousel Optus are just joking, they only care about sell you something not care about warranty and back to service, just try anything they can to push you away from disturbing them....

Rizky89
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just supplied ausdroid with some screenshots of my phone with the green tinge. Hopefully this will help acknowledge our issues with Huawei Australia.

Also, @Sydar how did your replacement go at Bondi Jct? I'm thinking of going their to if the replacement went well.

Ry21
Contributor
Contributor

@JamesJianglol I had the same issue the store brushed me off but then that is because the message was not released by Dan yet.. I am going to see what they say this Thursday just for giggles..  hahahah collection kit should reach tomorrow.. I call no stock BS.. try ask your partner or friend go in 30 mins later and 'sign up' lol they will bring one out . It isn't as popular as a note 9 or iPhone or pixel where they sell fast..

0 Kudos
Top Contributors