Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
swallowtail
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Well Jordan in the Adelaide St store in Brisbane was great. He'd not read the Boomerang update that came in over the weekend, but did when I asked him to, and he's taken it as a cancellation request no questions asked. They are going to contact me in the next few days with update on process and getting me onto a month to month while we wait for Huawei to resolve the issues, and then I will re-contract with a new one.

0 Kudos
ManChu
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No luck at Griffith 2680 store. And I really understand a employee is difficult to do something which Optus was not offical released. But they are very friendly and put my name down. As i am asking for a recontract to another phone. Thank for you guys hell. Maybe i am now wait for a recall on the green mate 20 pro now. Sad. 

0 Kudos
fusion9
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Optus,

I've seen the 3 options available to customers having this issue.

Can you please clarify 2 things for me:

1 - How long do we have to report the fault or lodge the claim, as apparently the time it takes for this issue to manifest differs. I am yet to receive my device.
2 - Assuming I can 'live' with the problem for a while, can we continue to use the the phone till a solution other than 'potluck with a replacement' is found? ie. Huawei send a batch of fixed devices?

Or do we need to cancel the contract now?

thanks

0 Kudos
ManChu
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I think Optus itself should say something first as the company is big enough to leading the market. Huawei problem but as a biggest reseller in AU market. I think Optus should say sometime now. I dont mind stay with Optus but Please I just want a normal phone now whatever iphone or Samsung. But not send mine back and I am still paying for 85 buck without a phone. Do you get what i am talking about? 

0 Kudos
GibsonG
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, just come back from store, they helped 

me to resign a 35 sim only contract, the process of cancellation will take a little bit time, my first bill of mate20pro is about to due, will check with rep if I have to pay or not.

0 Kudos
ManChu
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How can you cancel and recontract to another plan. What did you say to the shop. 

0 Kudos
Hari_30
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Capture.PNG

Weap0nx
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi guys

My phone is now doing this glitch thing while laying on the bench. it also now has some dark patches appearing on the left hand side of the screen. I also have the green screen bleed when viewing dark content. 

Will be taking back for a replacement but am fearful this is just the start

ryballs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The only response I've had from a journalist about this debacle is Chris Rowland from Ausdroid who says "the facts at this stage do not support the claim that “a majority of Mate 20 Pro in Australia have defective displays”. We’re aware of a few cases, but nowhere near a majority.". I would love to see these "facts" as everything I've seen says otherwise. Lets just see how some owners on XDA went with replacing their Mate 20 Pro, if the vast majority are fine, the new one should be okay right?

• Mate 20 Pro owner from Australia: "they replaced mine and second ones is now doing it again"
  • Mate 20 Pro owner from Philippines: "The second unit I got had the same green tint distortion"
  • Mate 20 Pro owner from UK: "within 2 minutes of taking it out of the box. They both had LG screens."
  • Another Mate 20 Pro owner from UK: "Just got my replacement, Lg 43, same issue."
  • Yet Another Mate 20 Pro owner from UK: "waiting my 2nd replacement"
  • One More Mate 20 Pro owner from UK: "is it worth me going for a third replacement?!"
Maelfice
Contributor
Contributor

@Dan_C 

Hello,

I just have a question. I will be receiving the replacement phone from Huawei tomorrow. If ever the phone is faulty as well, I do not want to go through this whole process again and will most likely just cancel the whole thing. Can I take this phone that came directly from Huawei and return it to Optus to process the cancellation? Will there be any issues with the IMEI in Optus' records and the new IMEI I have? Or will Huawei communicate with you to update your records? I am just preparing for the worst (which based on experience since I joined Optus, always happens). Thank you. 

0 Kudos