Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

GibsonG

Hi Dan, thanks for the reply, let me clear the time-line for my case. New policy about this failure was shown in optus system on last Friday, I came to optus store to discuss cancellation on Saturday morning, they refused at the beginning but I insisted on 14 days returning policy, finally they issued a Boomerang DOA/ELF Exchange/Refund Receipt for me and collected my device and said it takes 4 business days to go to Boomerang for the assessment, and both boomerang and store will contact me soon. Saturday afternoon they called me and offered me an option to resign a new phone if I can come on next Mon/Tue(maybe they know the result already, just push me to sign new contract), Saturday night you released the options in this forum and Today I asked an optus staff about this, he told me what I have done(DOA ELF) and the new policy/process are different, so my question is should I go to store and let them cancel my contract with the new policy and process? Is this too late since my device could be sent out from their store on Monday? If they refuse to issue new application for me, what should I do on the spot? Many thanks.

CAELIA

Hi @GibsonG, we got similar situation, I drop my phone to boomerang before the new update come up, Dan said he ll chasing my case on Monday, will let you know once I get back from him. 

GibsonG

HI Caelia, thanks for the information, maybe Dan can check for me as well, thanks again.

Wandering

Hey Dan are the current mate 20 pro replacements new stock or BOE or are they too possibly affected? Would prefer keep the mate but also don't have the time to go down and get it replaced and reinstall everything just to have the issue again. Cheers .

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

It's possible @Wandering

If the replacement presents the same issue, you can still elect to cancel or recontract with a different handset. 

I'll update this thread with info on that one @GibsonG 

I'm going to be out of the office tomorrow. I'll be back in on Tuesday. I'll fill one of my colleagues in yours and @CAELIA's situation. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

GibsonG

Thanks Dan, Have a great Monday.

To others who would replace the phone, the situation in China now, is that people replaced 2-3 times and still got faulty phone, majority of people have refund, and are waiting to purchase next new batch(no LG panel), the date could be end of Dec.

Dan_C

Thanks mate! 

That's fine Smiley Happy I've just sent an email to my manager. 

I'm confidient that we'll have a response for you guys then. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
ManChu

My huawei mate 20 pro getting green even using now with this forum. What the hell of this phone. I am living in country side and I dont know our shop notice this issue or not. I dont want to waste the time to bargain with the shop stuff members and I really want a recall on this Lg panel mate 20 pro phone. Faulty Oled for sure. How come Optus or Huawei not to issue a recall? Thats WTF service??

I am at Griffith NSW 2680. Any information here? 

Dan_C

All Optus stores have been given the directive @ManChu

We're making the best of a not so great situation.

Until we have an official directive from the Huawei, the options I've mentioned a page or so back are your best bet. 

ManChu

So can I just wait for an offical notice while I dont want my phone sent back to wait and I got no mobile phone to use. Any chance can got a in store replacment later? 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
34 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos