Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

CAELIA

@Dan_C hi Dan, still need to confirm my situation, as long as I walk to the store, I am asking for cancellation, the staff in store contact with huawei rep and ask me to send the phone to boomerang, which I did, now I am going away for a week, once I come back, should get back from boomerang, will they give me refund option or just replace? As none of us confident on if same issue ll happen again or not, I would like to cancel the contract instead of replace  

Dan_C

Hmm, when did the interaction take place?

Based on the information in the bulletin I received today.

Customer wishes to leave Optus 

- Customer returns the device to a retail store and advises the representative that they'd like to port to another provider

- A request is raised to ship the handset back to our warehouse

- The retail representative fills out the required form, the Customer ports out - the account is cancelled, and any associated handset repayment fees waived

This information is included in the pack the store has been provided with. 

Based on what you're saying, they'll be replacing the handset. The handset is sent back to the store and they'll contact you when the new device is ready for pickup. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

CAELIA

@Dan_C so it's mean I still need to stay with optus which is I don't wanna to. But when I decide to post the handset to optus warehou,the staff said the warehouse can offer me cancellation or replacement serive, that's the main reason I send it over. 

Dan_C

I'm happy to ask for some clarification on that one @CAELIA.

Can you send us a private message? I need your full name, DOB and mobile number.

Once I get a response, I'll send you an update there. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

charithap

Solid update @Dan_C thank you. Now hopefully the ground staff will follow through and we'll all be happy again by the end of next week. 

Dan_C

Very much appreciated @charithap. Fingers crossed! Smiley Happy 

Rizky89

Thanks for the updates @Dan_C! I'll be going to the Eastgardens store tomorrow and hopefully they will have enough stock tommorow so i can do an upfront replacement. 😀

Dan_C

Great stuff Smiley Happy Let us know how it all goes @Rizky89

JamesJiang

@Dan_C

Hi Dan, thanks for your update. My question is if Optus store give us an replacement device and it's still have the same issue. What will it be next? Will Optus keep replacing the device until we get a proper working one or we just have one chance to replace the faulty device? I'm currently send a request of cancelling my contract, but I'm happy to stay with Optus if I can get a proper working huawei mate 20 pro. I switched from Vodafone to Optus two years ago and I'm satisfied  with Optus until this mate 20 pro issue shown up. Thanks

swallowtail

Same here... Happy enough to stay with Optus, and I want a non-green Mate 20 Pro! Mine is now 10 days old and going green.

I'll head into one of the Brisbane stores Monday and see what options are.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
39 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos