Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

CAELIA

@Dan_C hi Dan thanks for your update, as my situation is my phone in boomerang and I am going away on this Sunday, so when I come back I still can go to the store and get refund? Is that correct? No time frame request? 

[ Edited ]
charithap

Hey @Dan_C that's really good news. But I'm a little sceptical. Can you confirm that all store staff have been told this? I really don't have the energy for another visit to a store to argue with a clueless employee.

Edit: Specifically the Melbourne Bourke street Optus in my case. 

GibsonG

hi Dan, thanks for the option, please correct me if I’m wrong, if I just cancel the contract, I need to give the phone to store and they send back to boomerang and as long as boomerang received the phone, my contract will be canceled and I will be noticed as well. But how can I preserve the number if I change to other telcom company? Thanks.

Highlighted

Dan_C

An update has been left in Boomerang - the system our retail staff use to process our warranty replacement requests.

If a staff member isn't aware of the process, ask that they check the Boomerang dashboard for official communication from Optus. 

The communication was pushed out yesterday evening. 

I hope that helps. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Wandering

Hey @Dan_C@

Quick few questions ,

1. If we elect to keep with a mate 20 pro and as such use the 'standard' method, will it be replaced or repaired?

2. How long can we expect this to take

3. Assuming theyre replacements, is Optus confident the models won't have the same issue?

4. If purchased online, does one just go into any store?

5. Is Optus planning to get the standard mate 20 anytime soon? Id be delighted to swap to that model if that's an option in the near future personally!

charithap

Is the ability to go in store and do this available for online ordered ones as well? They seem to be completely disconnected from anything ordered online like it wasn't even sold by Optus. 

Dan_C
  1. If we elect to keep with a mate 20 pro and as such use the 'standard' method, will it be replaced or repaired?

It can depend on existing store stock levels. You may be eligible for an upfront replacement; however this will need to be discussed with store representative. 

1. How long can we expect this to take

Standard turn-around time for assessment + replacement. It could take between 8-10 business days. You can track the status of the repair via → https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/boomerang

1. Assuming they’re replacements, is Optus confident the models won't have the same issue?

At this stage, we're still waiting on an official word from Huawei. 

1. If purchased online, does one just go into any store?

That's right, head to any Optus store. 

1. Is Optus planning to get the standard mate 20 anytime soon? I’d be delighted to swap to that model if that's an option in the near future personally!

I'm really not sure. I haven't been made aware of plans to stock the Mate 20 Lite

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Ry21

@Dan_C thanks for the update.. but please make sure all stores across Australia gets the message.. was advised by cancellation team to return the phone to store.. went to the original store where I put my order in. The staff who signed me up for the phone showed his darker side... From friendly to unfriendly.. "why you want to cancel? Sorry we don't take in cancellation requests nor the phone and don't send it away it is not our process... I'll give you a direct number and you call them to send you a satchel.' left me at a seating area while on the phone and went away serving another customer.

Over the phone guy is kind enough to tell me if staff do it in the store they have a long paperwork to fill in that explain his angry mood. Anyways that is my last straw with optus, the way I am treated in store proves it they don't need customers. I am thankful to the guy who I shall not name over the phone gave me upgrade options, at a more discounted price for all the troubles I have gone through to keep me as a customer. But how I am treated over the past few days, I am with Voda now. 

So good luck guys. Oh yeah the store I am talking about Australia Fair, Southport QlD 4215.. I might not be able to post soon

Wandering

Hey thanks for the quick reply @Dan_C. I better just clear up my questions ,

If we take it in and they don't have stock, and it's sent away, will it then be repaired or replaced?

And the other question is whether we should be even bothering having them replaced considering theres no guarantee they won't have the same issue.

Cheers

Dan_C

For anyone experiencing pushback from the store, please let me know which store you've visited.

If necessary, I'm happy to follow up. 

Please make sure that the team member from the store you've visited has read the official communication.

It's marked as urgent

This was updated last night, retail staff who've started their shift today may not be completely across the issue. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
18 Kudos
13 Kudos