cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Maelfice
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

My faulty unit has a BOE touchscreen unless I read it incorrectly. But nowhere else did I see its LG using that app suggested earlier. So I am not getting my hopes high even if the supply is BOE. But I really hope you guys get a good unit. Please keep us updated. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Maelfice yeah I seen one other guy on reddit saying the same and nobody believed him lol must be rare..

Huawei Mate 20 Pro Poll.png

New Contributor Yansian
New Contributor

I ordered online and have a green tint on an LG display. It's very annoying as on white backgrounds (like a web page) the top half has a warm redish hue compared to the bottom where it is cool/green. With so many people experiencing this problem I don't want a replacement that probably has the same issue and would prefer just to cancel my contract. What's the best way to go about this - calling, chat or in-store?

0 Kudos
Contributor CAELIA
Contributor

@Yansian that's it wot we trying to do as well, according to my experience with optus chat, they said online chat can deal with online order, but but store guy said online chat are useless

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor Ry21
Contributor

Just had a conversation with Huawei rep.. they have well sort of acknowledge the issue after i yelled at her. Well 'hopefully' . I asked her to go online and do a google search. If she doesn't understand, ask the boss to do it in Chinese news media.

With regards to replacement I they can't do anything, they only deal with open channels retailers which they will gladly replace.. they refer me back to Optus again saying why would Optus push responsibility to them. 

Asked if there are actually anyone acknowledging the issue. She initially said it's a non issue quoting the same misleading statement.. - mate 20 pro uses most leading OLED.. bla bla. And since a few customers complaint about this they have to acknowledge this being a customer unhappy problem rather than manufacturing issue. I quoted that that statement is not officially from Huawei and ask her go do a google search.. GSMarena anywhere..

She said there has been discussion 'hopefully not bluffing' with Optus how to deal with this. Still reckons go through the assessment process. I asked you guys want to assess it so much to find if it's consumer fault like dropping the phone?

Contributor Ry21
Contributor

Resized_20181109_170309.jpegResized_20181109_170316(2).jpeg

if they think this problem can only happens under dark conditions with lowest brightness.. then enjoy these two pictures normal usage conditions.. Optus respond to this!!

New Contributor Greenwithenvy
New Contributor

No more screwing around, its time for class action. Huawei use word play to avoid recall. Optus dont want to address the issue either. Meeting with a lawyer to discuss this further. I asked huawei why no statement has been issued and they refuse to acknowledge that theres an issue but as "goodwill" will replace the handset. I wont be a customer of optus much longer after this. 

Contributor charithap
Contributor

Nice one @Greenwithenvy i think people will jump on board with that

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Wandering
Occasional Contributor

Follow up to mine ...

Was just contacted by huawei. Was told that they are not officially acknowledging it as a major fault and started being told the same rubbish about OLED viewing angles. Cut them off and told them that was simply not good enough and detailed this forum as well as others. They said it is a difference in opinion from their perspective lol. This is beyond a joke you couldn't make this up. They then told me that the only solution they could offer was to have it picked up and sent off to their service centre for assessment. Told them that wasn't good enough I can't go without a phone, including for health reasons. Was then told they couldn't do anything else and I should deal with Optus if I need an on the spot replacement. asked for more details regarding sending it off to their service centre, including if it'll be repaired or replaced because I won't accept a repair. They said can't tell me until it's assessed but at the moment standard is replacement and that the replacement wouldn't have the same issues but wouldn't tell me if it's lg or boe models. Also wouldn't give me a definite timeframe other than 'standard is a week'. Still no reply from Optus for two days nor a response from Huawei fb either lol. This situation is reprehensible. 

0 Kudos
Contributor CAELIA
Contributor

@Wandering wot a joke. i wont support huawei  and optus anymore after this thing finish, thats really enough.

post this on the optus fb, let more people know or we can try channel 7 or 9.

i am going away this sunday ,if nothing happend when i come back, i will contact medias    

0 Kudos