Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

charithap

Yep @CAELIA I'm having the same experience. chat saying to GO to a Huawei store... Cause apparently that's a thing in Australia

Highlighted

BluPlox

AHHH I'M SO DONE. Been scouring the webs to find any sort of decisive update to this problem  for so darn long and my patience is wearing way too thin. At this point I just really want Optus to take some sort of responsibility for this and offer a helping hand. I know it's more Huawei QC based but I shouldn't be this anxious about faulty phone replacement and plan cancellation/changes. Honestly.. you'd expect this kinda stuff to be just common sense and I'm disappointed with all this apparent feigning of ignorance. 

I myself haven't had any time to ask for help from Optus or Huawei at this moment, especially with the absurd fail/rejection rate of customer complaints all over forums.

Because of this I've just been anxiously waiting for decent closure on this while trying to get on with other important matters and not let this interfere too much with my life at present. But I swear I will be absolutely fuming if I'm denied a replacement from them in the near future once things hopefully get settled and blamed for not actively complaining to them about this ..

Going to be quoting from a Reddit post I'd submitted a few days ago as reference for anyone wanting to know a bit more; 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Huawei/comments/9tiyme/australians_experiencing_green_screen/

''Got mine from Optus(on the 1st Nov) and sadly, it seems like I have this problem too :'(((((((

Found out 2 days ago when I thought the white balance of my screen seemed all weird-like (like top half being more warm and more cool toned towards the bottom half). Was worried but considered the possibility that I was just paranoid and if it was just a viewing angle thing but after really assessing it...dang, the display indeed had a sort of inconsistent hue in areas, almost gradient like.

So I sought assistance from good ol' Google and fortunately/unfortunately found that I was not alone. Anyway..sigh* did the whole lower brightness/grey fullscreen picture test and alas my phone had a green halo + bottom part had a green hue.

Such a darn shame as I really REALLY like this phone..like a LOT. Coming from an previous S8 (S6e prior to that) user.

TLDR: * Purchased from Optus, Model: LYA-L09 * Noticed screen weirdness without any prior outside influence/knowledge on its prevalence so no bias/placebo * under normal conditions, cool toned bottom half/greener than top * In a dark room/grey image/low brightness conditions, significant green halo effect/less intense green hued bottom half. * :'(''

ryballs

@BluPlox Welcome to the green tint club. You made the right choice not dealing with Optus after-sales support, I've spent hours with them and got absolutely nowhere. In the end I've just ended up doing the same as you and continuing to use my green $1500 phone while waiting for a reasonable solution to all this. 

charithap

My latest update is that after a failed chat in relation to cancellation I said I've had enough and she called me and said her Supervisor will contact me within 24 hours. Quoting a TIO reference number helped so lodge and quote those if you haven't already. 

CAELIA

am sending away my phone with optus to boomerang, they ll have a check if its manufacturer problem I can cancel my contract with no fee charge, the store guy rang the huawei support guy in front me and said I am the first one in the whole country who reported it, wot a big joke. 

[ Edited ]
Ry21

That's why their stories are inconsistent... Always passing repsonsibilities another department. The store guy told me the customer rep on the phone can't give them commands as to replace in store.. lol. He just say they are different departments. Sad TIo reported and they don't seem to care.. Huawei called me unfortunately unavailable.. said they will call me back

Maelfice

Well, after ridiculous conversations with a supervisor named Chase from Optus and a couple of idiots from Huawei where both parties are telling me to contact the other one as they should be the one processing the replacement, I have decided enough is enough. I have just raised a complaint via Fair Trading to Huawei and I am currently drafting my complaint to Optus via Telecommunications Ombudsman. Its been a rough week with so much time wasted and disappointingly, even the moderator here can't give a straight answer. If this was Telstra, they would have fixed this on the first call plus given you a compensation for the trouble. I regret moving away from them. I will also have a look at the mate 20 pro from vodafone. I hear the black model looks sleek too. Maybe, just maybe, its not faulty and most likely they have better customer service than this sorry excuse for a telco. 

I would like to report this to more media networks as well. Other people shouldn't be victimised by this scam from Optus and Huawei. They are still selling the phone even though they are aware that its a lemon phone. I will do that next after my TIO complaint.  

CAELIA

i think we should post on optus fb page,post our phone pics, show them

Ry21

@CAELIA please do... I posted on Huawei Facebook page.. no response haha... Serious TIO and Fair trading needs to get involved . Even the news

GibsonG

I lodged a complaint to fair trading already, combined with TIO complaint, Hope they can do something. talked with online rep of optus again, there is one rep who bought mate20pro to his wife, and looking for cancellation As well. I talled with Bryant who is from retation team, he said I have to go pgysical store Since i pre ordered at store, he sent me the chat history to show the staff at store, he said the staff will do w/e they can do, maybe its another disappointment. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
34 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos