Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ry21
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

@JamesJiang that's good to hear. Not once they let me cancel the contract nor let me upgrade to another handset. Hmmmm 

0 Kudos
JamesJiang
Contributor
Contributor

@CAELIAi cancelled through online chat, after changed a few ep, finally the last one name Kingston helped me out. they will send me a collect kit and get my phone back and waive off all fees once received my phone.

They said this is manufacturing defect so wont cost me anything. 

i still want to buy this phone, but will wait till this issue solved, probably next year

CAELIA
Contributor
Contributor

@JamesJiang thats really good, finally get problem solved, i will try to do the online chat as well, finger crossed  🙏

0 Kudos
charithap
Contributor
Contributor

Nevermind.

0 Kudos
Wandering
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same issue here. Absolutely disgusting. Had the phone for four days got worst progressively, LG model here too. The worst part is that Huawei and Optus are both clearly aware of the issue yet continue to sell the phone..

Anyway with my scenario,

New Optus customer. Need a phone for health reasons , cannot go without.

Contacted Optus via Twitter DM , their response was will have to go away for service warranty. Replied politely saying that wasn't acceptable, the phone was two days old at the time, and I wanted a replacement. Their reply was we can't do anything till we hear back from Huawei and if I needed a replacement I should go in store. Not going to bother going in store and arguing with a sales rep who has no idea about it. Absolutely not good enough that Optus is pushing this warranty process which will take god knows how long and it's a brand new product, I don't want it fixed, I want it to work out of the box. I understand it is a Huawei fault but the Optus response is terrible. Contacted Huawei by hicare and told them the situation, they asked for my IMEI and told me they'd get back to me probably in two or three days... This whole situation is totally messed. Haven't lodged with tio or fair trading yet waiting to hear back from Huawei but considering I got my phone from Optus and it was faulty out of the box surely I shouldn't have to deal with Huawei anyway.. again I can't go without a phone and I can't imagine Huawei will have any on the spot solution. Hopefully the mod on this forum will have some update soon very quickly running out of calm and cool. What an introduction to optus...

Wandering
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Should also add that the Huawei AU FB page and Twitter both didn't reply to either of two messages about it. Perhaps Optus should consider halting sales of the phone or instead stocking the mate 20 non pro and providing this as an alternative because it won't have the same issues..

davidle24
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re @JamesJiang post,

i cancelled through online chat, after changed a few ep, finally the last one name Kingston helped me out. they will send me a collect kit and get my phone back and waive off all fees once received my phone.

They said this is manufacturing defect so wont cost me anything. 

i still want to buy this phone, but will wait till this issue solved, probably next year

How can we use this as precedent to cancel our plans?

charithap
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah seems to be luck of the draw at the moment

ryballs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Australia has some of the best consumer protections in the world, how has nothing been done about this yet? ACCC? Fair trading? ScoMo? Hello? 

0 Kudos
CAELIA
Contributor
Contributor

took me three hours on live chat nothing solved, and put me on techical team then transferred me to cancellation team, wots the next ?

Even the technical team never heard about the green screen problem. 

Live chat team supervisor Kylie ask me to talk to huawei as optus not the manufacturer. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors