Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

[ Edited ]
GibsonG

hey, i iodged a complaint to TIO already, and TIO said "We have asked the service provider to contact you and try to resolve the complaint with you by 5pm on 21 November 2018." Im waiting for optus supervisior to call me today As well. Anyway, im with you, we can exchange the contact info and report this to fair trading together. My email address is *hidden*@gmail.com. 

charithap

Also lodged. Really sick of Optus store staff and their don't give a crap attitude.

Ry21

I'll head into the store today and see their attitude. if they give me sent away for assessment as an excuse and not a replacement, TIO will get my complaint as well. I'll also wait till 5 pm today for Dan to give a definite resolution today.

C0rrupt3d

Just received my new device. The startrack courier refused to take the old one so I suppose this means another trip into and Optus store.

Also just checked and have another phone with an lg screen so more than likely only a matter of time till I get the same issue with this screen. Hopefully Optus and Huawei have a solution by then =\

Gluegate/Screen Bleed on the Mate20 Pro

MrYJDrake

I've got the Mate20 Pro, thanks to the Optus Preorder. 

Unfortunately it looks like my handset has fallen victim to what has been dubbed GlueGate online. 

As referenced Here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/huawei-mate-20-huawei-mate-20-pro/919562-screen-bleed-mate-20-pro....

And here: https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3065838/the-mate-20-pro-has-a-strange-screen-bleed-issue this seems to be a global issue thanks to the LG Screen panels used. 

Telcos in the UK are replacing phones when they have stock, Huawei in Finland is replacing devices... What's Optus' plan? 

I purchased the Insurance option... In another life with another Telco, i had a warranty issue, the insurance option replaced the phone and dealt with the warranty claim for me - will Optus be doing the same?

JamesJiang

Went to the biggest optus store in Perth this morning, they refused to swap on spot, they ask me to send away for assessment. I'll lodge a complaint to TIO as well and cancel my contract. I think the replacement device will be the same problem. 

Highlighted

ryballs

I've lodged a complaint with the ACCC against Huawei and retailers for continuing to supply the phone while knowing they're defective and not providing an adequate solution for those affected.

[ Edited ]
Ry21

Shocking.. left a message on Huawei Facebook.. no response.. chat with Optus live chat.. gave me similar option.. send the phone for assessment or visit nearby store for replacement on the spot.. went to nearby store.. rude customer service.. he asked me what's the problem.. I said the green tint mate 20 pro.. he says sorry he don't know the issue. And flat out says sorry can't swap on the spot. When there is clear instructions to do so left on live chat to manually inspect and replace. He didn't bother checking my phone or anything.

Went back to chat.. referred to voice technical support who then hears my problem being explained again.. then promptly place me on hold to customer service.. without asking the standard, is that all I can help you with.. talked with customer service now being placed on hold.. and it has been 27 minutes.. I am a tennis ball to them.. poor customer call service lady.. I was basically almost yelling. Now she passed me back to the tech team.. fun times

That's it TIO option

JamesJiang

Went back to the online chat again ask for cancel my contract. The rep ask me to pay $1518 if I want to cancel my contract. ....... Lol I love optus

charithap

Seriously guys learn a lesson here. I sure have. Never contract with Optus again for such expensive devices. Go with someone else or try and buy it outright from someone you can trust that respects the laws on refunds and replacements. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
64 Kudos
40 Kudos
38 Kudos
34 Kudos