cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor charithap
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

@Dan_C What about the option to cancel or change to another device? Having to exchange for another device that has the same issue again is a nightmare. I went through this with the Note7 and it was terrible. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Ry21
Contributor

What about those without a phone.. do I get a rental phone for use while assessment is done? Else I am without a phone and paying for a phone..

Contributor Maelfice
Contributor

Hi dan,

What about someone like me who have sent their device to huawei directly? Can i ask for a replacement straight away without the device on hand? You can verify this with huawei and i have the reference number.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Dan_C Let me get this straight. So unless you happened to buy the phone from a store and noticed the issue before you left (even though it usually takes a couple days to occur), the current plan is:

1. Take your device to an Optus store who are likely to still know nothing about the issue and the thousands of devices affected and will stare at you blankly while you attempt to explain why you're entitled to a replacement under ACL.
  2. Wait 10-15 days for the notoriously unreliable Boomerang repair centre to (hopefully) find the issue and (hopefully) replace your phone with a new handset that isn't also faulty.

Based on my previous experience with Optus after-sales service, I don't see this working very well.

Contributor charithap
Contributor

Just called Optus and got bounced around 4 times before ending up at technical support. He said it needs to go in for assessment which I said wasn't good enough for such a brand new device with such a widespread issue. Then he told me to stay on the line. Then it hung up and said "This customer support line is closed"..

😂 Way to lift your customer support game Optus. What a joke.

Contributor GibsonG
Contributor

I will update the latest information from China, the third party platforms are not willing to get more stock of mate20pro, they are waiting huawei to.manufacture New batch. this could take a while to be done, and majority of products on the market are LG panel, Optus should figure out a plan for us to upgrade the phone plan to another brand, i.have no.hype for replacement Since many.of my friends in China get another faulty handset.  i really think the strategy of huawei australia is to wait for the New batch that could be released next month, it means we just unlucky and have to wait another month.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor C0rrupt3d
Occasional Contributor

I've also had my phone develop this issue. Seems to be getting worse each day. After speaking to the optus chat(as going into a store was a waste of time) they have arranged a hand to hand swap via courier. New ones due to be delivered tomorrow at which point I'm supposed to hand back the faulty unit.

I'm wondering if I would of been better just cancelling the contract and going with another phone if this is just going to happen again? 

IMG_20181107_172812.jpg

Screenshot_20181106_155411_au.com.optus.selfservice.jpg

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

"they have arranged a hand to hand swap via courier."

@Dan_C can we get this too please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor djandrewlim
Occasional Contributor

Okay, so I've spoken to Optus Mobile Tech Team (on LiveChat), and they seem to have recognised the issue at least, and are now offering Early Life Failure-based swap (for faulty Mate 20 Pro specifically).

I'm going down to a Store tomorrow to take my chances at swapping on the spot. The person on LiveChat seemed confident that they'll do it, which hopefully means that there has been some form of instruction on the issue.

One remaining question tho - what if the replacement unit has the same problem or is even worse?

Contributor JamesJiang
Contributor

I would say open the phone in store and test it, make sure there's no green tint, if you find the green tint I guess you can ask for another replacement one straight away. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors