cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor huydtrann
Occasional Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

@ryballs so Optus couldn't confirm your IMEI? I just got an email from Huawei saying the promotion redemption they were offering has been confirmed and that required inputting an IMEI

0 Kudos
Contributor Maelfice
Contributor

I am not sure I read it right but with the app suggested in this thread earlier, i did a check on my faulty mate 20 pro and it did say touchscreen - BOE. not sure if that meant the panel. So im not getting my hopes high even if I get a BOE batch. If only this phone wasn't so good I would have left the first day i realised its faulty. Plenty of other promising phones there for a gamer like me such as Razer phone 2.

Update on my situation: The phone is with the courier and should be delivered to huawei today. I did tell them I will not accept repair and I will only accept replacement with a brand new sealed one. If they refuse I am heading straight to fair trading. An Optus rep has also contacted me and offered me a favourable resolution in case huawei responds with something unfavourable. I will leave it up to Optus to announce an official resolution to this... or maybe they will not and remain quiet. My only advise is the further you prolong this, the further you will lose customers and leave a sour taste that will never go away. You might lose potential loyal customers permanently. Furthermore, the longer you prolong this, the bigger the compensation a customer can demand. 

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the update. I have contacted Huawei and asked for the same.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@huydtrann They/I know my IMEI, it's just "not in their system".

0 Kudos
Contributor Maelfice
Contributor

Mate I know what this is. This is the very reason why I was asked to place 4 orders with them because they cannot find the very original order I made through the website. and hence I sent complaints even before I started their service. 

Optus is transitioning from an old system to a new one. It just so happens that not all of the staff knows about this. Your records might be in the old system and they are not looking in that system. try saying that to them and maybe they will realise it. 

0 Kudos
Contributor GibsonG
Contributor

Huawei China is unofficially using kol to spread the infomation that service centre can refund and replace under no condition if green tint exist. Huawei australia is keeping quiet and passively providing unhelpful solution, we should do something to let them not treating us with different standard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor charithap
Contributor

Well looks like this is the first and last time I get a Huawei. And Optus handling this so poorly means a telco switch too.

Occasional Contributor Hari_30
Occasional Contributor

My screen is starting show a little bit of green tint around the edges.

Went to the Optus Store in Townhall Sydney, the staffs did not know about the issues.

Suggested me to contact the online sales people, the online salespeople asked me to visit a store and show them the phone with issues.

Thinking will be better off cancelling the contract and going to a another provider.

0 Kudos
Contributor Ry21
Contributor

Texted Huawei Facebook with regards the issue.. they responded.. will see what they say... As of today... Not even a dark room during day time

Resized_20181107_092939.jpegResized_20181107_092921.jpeg

Occasional Contributor huydtrann
Occasional Contributor

@Hari_30 Welcome to the team! Pretty much anyone what I experienced with Optus. Staff in stores brush you off quickly to try and pass you onto Online sales team and once you contact someone online, they tell you go back to the store. I had better help through calling but the hold times are long.