Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Maelfice

Okay. I am just getting really frustrated with the lack of update. Who wouldn't be? I will wait for 2 business days .And then i will either go to fair trading or just get it over with and seek to cancel my contract. I will update in this thread. 

[ Edited ]
ryballs

Since noone would purchase a phone knowing that its screen would eventually turn green, this likely constitutes a major fault under Australian Consumer Law, which means you should be entitled your choice of repair, replacement or refund.

As Huawei are likely still supplying them with faulty handsets, I don't think a replacement from Optus will solve this issue. But say you asked Optus for a refund and they refused, then I would definitely complain to the TIO.

Highlighted

Maelfice

Huawei just called me .sorry i have to complete this form  first. they will do pick up. I will  update you guys asap. That app in your phone HiCare is the key. Chat with a rep and raise the issue .

ryballs

Damn I wish I knew that yesterday when I gave my phone back to Optus. Oh well, let us know how you go.

JamesJiang

i will suggest you to wait until official statement came out. Huawei said to me the same send the phone to them for repairing, i doubt they may just replace a screen for my device, you don't want to use a brand new phone that was opened and repaired for the next two years, especially the water proof function may be affected by replacing a new screen. 

[ Edited ]
djandrewlim

I agree with @JamesJiang,

I've contacted Huawei both on email and on HiCare app.

Both responded by saying "take it to Optus and have them repair it".

This most likely refers to a standard warranty procedure where they're going to open your phone up and "repair" the screen. Unless we hear an official statement from either Huawei or Optus, such as Huawei Finland offering "replacement without charge", it may be better to hold off. 

These phones were shipped as faulty devices and they should be replaced or refunded, NOT opened and repaired per the usual warranty procedure.

I don't know why Optus won't offer to simply swap the phones on the spot. Vodafone UK started doing exactly that. As Huawei seems to have acknowledged this issue, it really shouldn't be that hard...

charithap

Agreed. You'd think Optus would give this a little more attentive after this:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/make-customers-unhappy-you-will-be-sacked-optus-ceo-blasts...

huydtrann

I've also contacted Huawei through HiCare and email and was told both times to go to send my device to Optus for further inspection. I've contacted Optus a number of times and the best they've offered to send the device away for inspection, give you a temporary phone to use in the mean time, and then have Huawei send you either your repaird phone or an entrirely new device after it has been deemed defective (this solution was the best I could get as I did not opt for Optus' Insurance).

After reading posts on the XDA forums, replacement devices are also affected by the same green tint issue and thus I've finally decided to pull the plug on Huawei and Optus and cancelled my contract. Optus allows you to return your order within 14 days, provided the return is in accordance with Optus' Returns Policy. Just waiting for that to go through so this whole ordeal is over with.

charithap

@huydtrann does the return policy apply even if the device been opened? I don't have this issue yet but i think its just a matter of time.

huydtrann

@charithap Yes it applies to opened and used devices.  The link I referred to mentions "If the goods are returned opened, used, damaged or incomplete, where entitled to do so, Optus may charge you by debiting your previously nominated credit card or Optus account"

Also what Optus Chat support told me was:

"Best we can do for you is we will go ahead and place a request for this and an Optus person will come and collect the device and once the device has reached our warehouse all charges will be waved off."

Hope this answers your question.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
38 Kudos
21 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos