cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Jakob1
New Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

I'm having the same issue! It's a little frustrating and I don't know what to do!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor djandrewlim
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_C, are there any updates on this issue yet?

I've contacted Huawei via email as well, but they have yet to respond.

Trying to remain calm and patient, but if the screen keeps turning green this is in no way

"merchantable quality", especially for a premium flagship.

Please share any and all progress, if there are any from Optus side.

I'm just trying to determine which avenue would be the best for me.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There's a thread on XDA forums filled with hundreds of people reporting this issue. Someone reckoned they got their phone replaced twice and is still having problems. 

Highlighted
Contributor charithap
Contributor

If replacements are having the same problem what's the point? Option to change handset should definitely be on the table.

Contributor JamesJiang
Contributor

Same issues here and i realised that by the time goes the problem getting worse and worse. The first pic was taken on the Day 1 i got the phone, and the second pic was taken yesterday, you can see on my phone the green tint spared and now i don't want to use it anymore, very disappointing. 

i contacted Huawei Australia, they ask me to send the phone to them to get it repaired, that's unacceptable, the phone is $1500 i dont want it opened repaired at the beginning, it's a faulty phone, they should send me a 100% prefect repalcement device instead of fixing my current one. 

i hope Optus and Huawei can wok out some solution to sort out this big issue, we paid lots of money and end up received this crap,  that's not gonna work

193817705.jpg295826110.jpg

Contributor JamesJiang
Contributor

Just noted now in China and Finland customers can get a replacement device if they got a faulty display without any charge, i think Optus should follow up 

@Dan_C

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yep the silence from Huawei and Optus is deafening. There should have been an official response/solution to this days ago. 

Contributor Maelfice
Contributor

Honestly, im getting impatient at this .you only get a phone like this once in a while and they have ruined the experience. Since there is no response yet, is it worth raising this to fair trading? Because i am very close to doing it now .

Occasional Contributor djandrewlim
Occasional Contributor

@Maelfice

I was at least going to wait for some sort of response on this thread, since Dan C initially seemed responsive.

Maybe give them a couple days?

Do update if you're raising it up to Fair Trading, I might as well consider it myself.

I agree that they should say SOMETHING. Even if it's like an obvious "give us more time to come up with a full remedy" type of a statement.

Contributor charithap
Contributor

@Maelfice maybe? Agree with @djandrewlim if nothing is done by Wednesday I would say everyone with the issue should be contacting Fair Trading to make some noise.