Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

Mekamayhem

After speaking to Optus they told me I am able to return the phone to my nearest Optus store for an alternative phone on a 24 month contract with no exit fees. Also I'll be given a credit of $200 to go towards my next bills. 

Dazkatmaka11

That sounds great what would you get? When is the S10 released?

Rahullamba

@Mekamayhem when did you buy the phone?

Quaz1

What did you actually say to them to start the process ? 

I thought they'd fight it tooth and nail to be honest 

fusion9

Er, so are they basically admitting to have given up support for this phone?

It looks like the mid range s10 meets the huawei specs (besides battery) so i'd be keen i suppose.

Wonder if the charge speed compares?

Quaz1

On their update page, Optus are saying they are testing new firmware and it should be ready early March. Should that testing "fail" (personally I dont believe they are doing anything) I'll be starting the process of exiting the contract

Being on a security patch from October simply is not good enough

Dazkatmaka11

Received this email from Huawei today

In reference to SR220190221140146303 - regarding the update for 9.0.0.188 for your mate 20 Pro. 

We appreciate your patience and we'll definitely announce it once we have it available. Please note that once updates are released, the update will be in batches depending on your Serial number.

Kindly stay tuned to our Huawei AU Facebook page or the official website for any announcement concerning the release of the latest update version per smartphone.

Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1300 482 934. Our technical support hotline operates from Mondays to Sundays from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm including public holidays and for further support, please visit our support page at http://consumer.huawei.com/au/support

Thank you for choosing Huawei and have a great day!

Chester
Huawei Technical Support

Quaz1

*sigh*

why does that read like Optus don't even have the update

Dazkatmaka11

I have my doubts that Optus do actually have it, I'm waiting for Cassandra Ludwig to get back to me within 48hrs, she is supposed to be getting in touch with the software testing team for an update.

I'll wait with baited breath and little expectations.

Mekamayhem

The message from Huawei that's the standard spiel. Cut, pasted and sent 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos