Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@ORANGEDAN

I'll try that method later tonight, thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So far I have tried, but I have not been able to see the update by usb option? I'm not sure why, I have tried with 2 different usb with at least 8gb size. The only option is by memory storage option. Unfortunately I don't have the nano memory to try it. Can others who have try successfully give some feedback? I have a feeling this thing are very usb sensitive, need specific brand usb. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ok guys I successfully updated the firmware! For those who has trouble with the USB sticks issues or unable to see other options other the memory storage options, try the following method:

1. Format the USB disk full...make sure at least 8GB to be safe

2. Extract the firmware into the USB

3. You will see 2 folders 1 Releasedoc and 2 Software. Click in software, you will see dload folder. CUT the whole dload folder, and paste it to the root (or main directory) of the USB drive.

Now plug the USB disk and the OTG adaptor (in my case im using the one come with my note 😎

4. Use the dialer type *#*#2846579#*#* to bring up the project menu

5 Go software upgrade

6 Click the memory card upgrade (seem to me they will also treat the USB disk as a memory card)

7. The phone will reboot and ENJOY the upgrading screen....!

somehow I think my mistake before is just extracting the firmware into the flash disk. Didnt realized seem the phone will need to see the "dload" folder to be able to update.

So far, all my phone has been working great!! No issues so far mentioned in XDA, huawei ID is good, google app store is good and work fine....even themes, download and install great! Anyway, if I found more issues or strange behavior I will update.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@ORANGEDAN . Sounds good did it unbrand? Does Google pay and banking apps work?  This is the only thing holding me back is if banking apps not working.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

All we need now is someone who has an unbranded firmware to post cust/preload files then you put in to dload folder use power + volume up and down together it should install and remove us from optarse branding.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Dazkat

Yes the google pay is not working. For some reason I believe Google think the phone has been rooted. Maybe because it's not the original firmware from the phone. But luckily for me my NAB app and pay work just fine. I hardly use my phone anyway to pay.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@ORANGEDAN ok I am assuming either it's not Google certified or because it is still showing up with the optus brand but a EU model number C432xxx

I think a different cust/preload file would fix this I hope.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@ORANGEDAN@Dazkatmaka11

I just updated my phone, so far so good, eveything works except G-Pay because it thinks that the phone has been rooted.

I'm pretty happy and it was super easy to update it. Can't wait for the future updates!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors