Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

Dazkatmaka11

I spoke with huawei yesterday evening and they gave me 2 options for my call dropouts even when I have full signal quality.

Option 1: Take the handset to the huawei Service centre in Sydney for them to fix/upgrade my handset. (Since I'm in county Victoria this poses quite difficult)

Option 2: send them my complete medical history showing that call dropping out could pose a threat to my health should I need emergency medical services while out of the house. Which has happened in several occasions. Even though I have no issues with this it's a bit of a privacy problem consideration to the current situation with huawei and spying 🙄

I think huawei and optus are just completely pathetic with their customer service. Maybe America is heading the right direction banning all huawei hardware.

Mekamayhem

Look at it this way, as far as I'm concerned Optus owes me a new supported phone. 

Danyal

@Dazkatmaka11Why are you contacting Huawei for warranty and not Optus?

Dazkatmaka11

@Danyal I contacted them regarding firmware, they can provide a manual push out to the handset. But they want the medical history before they will do this. Firmware version .166 and above addresses this call dropping issue.

Danyal

@Dazkatmaka11That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that. I have had instances of that as well. You might have to ask Optus to change your handset to a different model because of the lack of support.

Dazkatmaka11

There is a .187 update file going around on xda there was an intial report that Google pay wasn't working however a few members now says it's working. The only issue been reported is huawei id not showing up in the settings, but one member says that he has it. Apparently it doesn't fix the branding someone said that there's a CTS mismatch with the cust/preload file. If they can be manually done it would unbrand the handset.

You apparently unzip the file to a usb and use the project menu accessible with a dial code to install the update.

Dazkatmaka11

This is what I received Friday from optus.

This is what I recieved internally from our Tech devs,

For Australian carriers, Huawei will release MR every 2 months. They do not know the release details until about 1 month before the release. They have skipped .146 and .183 because they did not meet Optus requirements. We are going to get .188 for testing which is the later version than .183. The only way for the customer to get .183 is to buy an open market handset.

[ Edited ]
Danyal

@Dazkatmaka11

I don't believe a thing from Optus anymore, think about what they said about .122 then .146 and now blog says .183 but the email says something else. 

Let me know if you could unlock the phone without issues please.

Dazkatmaka11

@Danyal

just started downloading it saves to Google drive, so probably try this first or you basically got to download it again.

This apparently is what they are using for LYA L09

There is a LYA L09 file here but you have to purchase a package to download

https://support.halabtech.com/index.php?a=downloads&b=file&id=97632

This is the Google Drive Link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RiyhE1c4ZVyrcIw4LRbevRM6_6Xe-_BH/view?usp=drivesdk

Website link

https://support.halabtech.com/index.php?a=downloads&b=file&id=98362

Create dload on usb or nano SD card if you have one.

Extract file to it.

Enter 

*#*#​2846579#*#*   into the dialer select software update

It should then update

It will erase all data, so I have to back up my 5gb of music files.

[ Edited ]
Danyal

@Dazkatmaka11

Do you have the link to the main article by any chance?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
39 Kudos
23 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos