cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Troz
Occasional Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

Even if MrFixIt is wrong I still won't get another Huawei. Green screen, Audio recording issues, and now firmware update issues. Never had any issues with the previous 3 Samsung phones I've owned. 6 years of Samsung without issue and 4 months of Huawei with 3 big faults. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Just spoke to Huawei on hicare, they reckon it doesn't affect your ability to get the latest version. Here's what he said. WHAT DOES HE MEAN REQUEST OPTUS TO MANUALLY PUSH TO MY PHONE?? Does that mean Optus lying about Huawei being in charge of the rollouts?

Thanks for waiting

We had a check with our Tech teams and they've informed us that they suspect you received the update for the previous version available for your model under Mate 20 Pro as there were records of you getting in touch with us asking for the update, correct? 

As such, we'd like for you to check for the latest update firmware, 9.0.0.212(C34E11R1P16), as it's being sent out batch by batch so please stay tuned to our HiCare app as well as Updater in Settings>System>System Update in the next week or bit later 🙂

We can assure you that this should not affect the latest update patch being sent out so not to worry 🙂

In the case you have trouble getting it, please get back to us as we can have our Software teams make a formal request to Optus to possibly manually push the update to your Phone

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Even with this.212 update we will be missing on some features for example the photos AI colour mode which was introduced to .178 unfortunately this version would of and should have been received because going to a different firmware the colour AI is not available

Seems that OPTUS screwed us again.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

From XDA member

You have to download 178 version its only that has this option 2xx has not ia pictures yet

In Other forums of XDA explain how to upgrade to other versions

In 178 volume of speaker is higher and better and has better Display Performance

0 Kudos
Contributor Quaz1
Contributor

Stiiiiilllll no update here

0 Kudos
Contributor dacmo
Contributor

Suprised to see a pop up this morning that 212 was out. Just updated.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Maybe we should have Optus push it to us apparently Huawei say that it is possible. I've got the chat window screenshot but I don't know how to attach it here.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor fusion9
Occasional Contributor

I'm confused...isn't 178 an older update?

So they removed that feature from the one Optus is pushing out?!

Anyway still no update for me and 2 other friends. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@fusion9  So am i, you would think that it is but Huawei firmware version method is bollocked up, apparently 178 has Mar security updates and is fairly new. Most of the latest 2xx firmwares don't have some things included, a few XDA members have gone from 2xx to 178 downgrade is not meant to be possible, so this again suggest that 178 is newer.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hits The Software Update button for the 2 million time in 4 days.

Seriously just send the update out and stop staggering it, it's not like your servers are slow. 😩

0 Kudos