Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

Quaz1

recieved this emailo from an Optus Employee today

Hi Quaz

First of all I apologize for the delay getting back to you, I had a family emergency was not in the office.

On a positive side, I can confirm Android: 9 Build: 9.0.0.212 is due to be released 20/03/2019 and has passed Optus testing.

I have also requested the Optus website be updated with the same.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns with the update or if the update has not rolled out by the 21/03/2019.

Cliff

womabt1000
i had a complaint in and the staff member kept saying that its not optus holding it up that its huawei holding it up so hopefully we get something on the 21st and they kept saying that .122 is the version that was being tested

Dazkatmaka11

If you go back to the 30th of January' there a post in this thread Dan C saying that.146 is tested and complete and will be rolling out in 1 to 2 week. Yet .146 was incomplete. So why should we believe that this is any different.

Gururek

That's the worst part about talking to them, they just talk complete nonsense that anyone with a slightest clue would know isn't true. The support person I spoke to a week or so ago now was adament that it was Huawei holding it up and that they haven't released any updates to Optus since .122 and as soon as they did we'd have it. I would have had better luck asking a random person on the street.

fusion9

I won't believe it because its an email to one person.

The only time they would attempt to be hoenst and do something is when its on social media.

Got the shits today when my phone wouldnt unlock with my finger on multiple occasions. I know this is something theyve improved in the latest firmware. I also have a few apps like Amex which worked fine on my S7, and did initially on the m20p but now seem to glitch out frequently at the finger scanner part.

pox67

Has anyone had the 212 update yet?

It better fix a bunch of things or this phone is going out the window!

FitBit Versa doesn't sync automatically.

Bluetooth doesn't connect to the car automatically and if I do it manually it drops out regularly.

MightyText SMS syncing app doesn't sync. 

All of these problems are down to PowerGenie I believe. Currently the phone isn't fit for use...

Quaz1

nothing for me yet 

To be honest, as it's my first Huawei, Im not even sure how it comes? Do you have to manually check for the update yourself (which Ive been doing ) or are you alerted?

probably all for nothing anyway

Dazkatmaka11

@pox67  You can disable or uninstall the powergenie. Uninstall is better and if you want to reinstall it that's simple using ADB.

Mine is uninstalled because it kept killing my optus sport live stream.

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.huawei.powegenie

adb shell cmd package install-existing com.huawei.powergenie

ADB shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.huawei.powergenie

ADB shell pm enable-user --user 0 com.huawei.powergenie

pox67

Thanks Daz but my days of messing with phones are done, no more ADB for me. Especially when my last two LG's have worked perfectly.

I am seriously considering taking my LGv20 back off my son and giving him this Huawei thing....

Elmelocoton

Did anybody got the update thorough ota? 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
64 Kudos
24 Kudos
17 Kudos
15 Kudos
14 Kudos