cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor Quaz1
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

the update I got today shows as "Android Scurity Patch Level 1 March 2019"

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

So .212 only has February security patch? 

0 Kudos
Contributor BelowAverageIQ
Contributor

My little 70.1mb patch from optus still only shows February security patch. Hmmm. Yet the full .212 you received has March.

I wonder if an eErecovery will work now?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@BelowAverageIQ  No good, tried erecovery I just get package info failed

Bugger

0 Kudos
Contributor

Damn. How is it not possible to get a new fresh version of .212 onto this phone? rediculous.

I cant even get Erecovery to connect to the server via wifi. All I keep getting is "getting package info from server" and then failed to connect.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Mind you my battery was at 12 percent, going to try it again after 50 percent, hopefully it may work, otherwise optus are going to have to do manual push, no other option.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Mine is at 92% and I tried to connect via wifi 6 times and ge the same message. Something is screwy. Certainly not my wifi. Ubquiti and able to transfer at 240mbs. That is connected via ubuiti router and switch which has a FTTH connection of 250/100.

Why it cant connect via USB to their servers is beyond me. Amatuers, both Optus and Huawei.

*Have you asked Optus if it is possible to individually push updates?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Just tried at 75% on teather to Optus 4G phone, still failed.

Asked my optus manager who's dealing with the TIO complaint to do a manual push, as per Huawei's recommended option. But as always no answer. They can do it according to Huawei though.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Baztek
New Contributor

Checked for new software around lunchtime today and .212 came up as an update 883mb or something, downloaded on 4G took about a minute and took about 5 mins to install, everything working fine haven't noticed any major differences, I still have this annoying bug whenever I get a text message on the lock screen it tells me I have 3 I've tried everything to fix that but nothing works. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Mekamayhem
Occasional Contributor

@Baztek yeah it's more how many unread messages rather than new ones. So when you do get a new message it takes the unread ones into account. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors