Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

[ Edited ]
Danyal

Mate 20 Pro Has not received a single update since the launch of the handset. Security patches are dated at OCT 1st.

I'm tired of waiting since even the update that they're currently working on is almost 2 months old and they may change the release time at any time.

I have submitted a complaint to TIO, RN: 2019/01/10948 since they don't even bother getting back to all the complaining clients.

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

Jeneral__Pain

The problem with just "wildly" releasing updates to satisfy the customer is, that if they hit a bug that causes issues with their network, you'd be crying just as foul as you are now.

Going to the TIO won't force their hand to release an update prematurely. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Danyal

@Jeneral__Pain

Great language from an experienced person who answers questions to help people. You would expect someone with your knowledge and experience to be able to make a helpful contribution rather than just pissing everyone who visits this topic off, I don’t know, maybe you’re just a 14yo who forgot to do a research before commenting. Anyway, all we’re saying is that Telstra and Vodafone both released multiple updates so far where as in Optus’s case THEY HAVE NOT RELEASED A SINGLE UPDATE SINCE THE LUNCH OF THE HANDSET. Do you understand where I come from? Lunch software is buggy and causes issues on day-to-day basis; sometime it makes the camera useless, which is one of the reasons I wanted this handset. You can do a research and find all problems related to the lunch firmware rather than me explaining them to you.

And yes again, TIO will pressure them because:

1: Optus is putting users data at risk by not releasing security patches on time or quick enough (current security patch is almost 3 months old).

2: Users can’t use all the advertised futures because of the issues with the lunch firmware.

3: It’s their duty of care to provide firmware update on regular basis.

Satisfied yet?

TechEnthusiast

Not only does it put our device security potentially at risk by having months old security updates, but it's the pattern that I can't afford for the 2 year duration of my contract to constantly be 3/4/5 months behind security updates. This is disgraceful for Optus, as have other customers pointed out there are less established communications network's overseas who are managing to push updates faster. We haven't received a single update post launch for the Mate 20 Pro, I will be submitting my own complaint to the ombudsman in the coming weeks. We as customers deserve at least a public response from Optus and we get nothing but full amount bills.

Danyal

@Dan_C

Hi Dan,

1- Any idea when are we going to receive the 46 update? it's an outdated update but would still solve many issues with the handset and been pushed back a few times already.

2- Is Optus working on the newer updates so they can catch up to other companies such as Voda and Telstra or the current trend is going to continue?

Dan_C

I'm scheduled to receive our next report by the end of today.

Based on the late update we received, testing is due to have been completed today.

Roll out scheduled over the next 1-2 weeks OTA from Huawei. 

We're following up on the status of any subsequent updates after 9.0.0.146. On Friday I was advised by our team that we hadn't received any further updates from Huawei. 

Once I have some solid information, I'll share that within our blog. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
ORANGEDAN

Good Dan, about time we should get the update. Seriously this phone on the current firmware is buggy especially the finger print scanner, failing to recognised several times. It's not like if this phone is already stable, I could not care less about update. By the way will the WiFi calling included in the 146 firmware ? 

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

No problem @ORANGEDAN

I completely get it. 

Testing of 9.0.0.146 was completed yesterday.

That should be rolled out batches between now and the next 1-2 weeks. 

We're still waiting on an official response from Huawei in regarding any additional updates

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

TechEnthusiast

@Dan_C I suppose you mean 9.0.0.146 ?

Dan_C

Eek, yes. 

9.0.0.146 @TechEnthusiast

Post above edited*

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
21 Kudos
15 Kudos
15 Kudos
15 Kudos