Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

BelowAverageIQ

@Dazkatmaka11 

If you get any success with the Optus manager please let me know. I am going to try and see if the company thet Huawei recommended to me over the weekend can update the firmware to full .212 or reset back to .122 and wait for the OTA update to come through again.

I was reading a previous post on Optus and the Mate 10. Same issues back then. Optus support and firmware updates are historically VERY poor. One of the posters on that thread also asked Huawei if they could manually push an update.

Huawei's response was if the phone was unbranded or purchased outright then they could manually push updates direct to the handset. They wont push updates to Optus branded phones though.

Sami_G

I updated mine to. 212 it was around 800mb size so it was the full ota. Everything seems fine for now. Let's hope optus picks up their act otherwiss in the future well have to update our $1500 handsets ourselves!

At least we know that is an option now :/

BTW you can now take AI colour images with the new update. Just have to start recording video in that mode then use the left button to take images

Highlighted

BelowAverageIQ

@Sami_G 

I can not get the AI feature in the camera app to work with still photos. It doesnt apply the filter.

It does work with video. My guess is our version still is not working correctly.

Combine with my little incremental patch that DID NOT update the security to March, I am starting to get really upset with Optus and Huawei.

I tried to "update" to .178 and or .212 via the modded procedure last night and could not get it to work. I was succesful in the past to get it to .206 though. Something is not right.

My guess is Huawei is now "blocking" EMEI.

Sami_G

@BelowAverageIQ

I just checked my camera... You are correct my friend the photo comes out normal (without AI effect applied)

When u tried to upgrade to . 178 what error did u get?

I guess we are now at the mercy of optus with their fantastic ota record! 😑

BelowAverageIQ

@Sami_G We are very much at the mercy of Optus. They are incredibly useless. They know how to sell a handset, but that is as far as it goes. No support or understanding of any product. Staff knowledge is incredibly poor.

I was unable to get the .178 to install. "No package available".

Dazkatmaka11

The only difference or benefit of .212 is March security patch & possibly Fix for the CTS (if it would even fix it) other than that everything else is probably the same or better. With .198

MrFixIt

@Sami_G I think you are spot on re: being blocked from the HSOFT update. Not sure if it is IMEI. I reckon Huawei didn't like people doing updates around them (Funky Huawei developed this method) and changed something in the latest patch to block it. Huawei is acting like Apple. They simply don't want people to play with the handsets...which would be fine by me if they kept them up to date in a timely manner.

MrFixIt

@BelowAverageIQ I don't think it is fair to blame Optus. Huawei updates the firmware and delivers it to Optus who check it then distribute it if it is working. This is by arrangement between Huawei and Optus. We don't know the details on why it is done this way. Most carriers have their own vetting process, but with Samsung updates come out quickly, which would indicate that Optus is not the culprit. Optus can't distribute an update if they don't receive it in the first place, or if it does not work properly with their service, eg VOWIFI.

Dazkatmaka11

And it's not really Huawei's problem if they have provided software but optus can't modify it to their taste. Looking at the blog you can see that .126, 146, 183, 188 were all provided but Optus software Engineering were obviously not capable of including vowifi, where many other international carrier's had accomplished this task months ago.

fusion9

Agreed. this is different from the update issues others are having when trying to bypass optus.

Other carriers haven't been this bad with updates.

If Optus can't figure out how to add their branding junk to the update that's on them (and the customer sadly).

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
18 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
13 Kudos