Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Contributor BelowAverageIQ
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

Huawei customer support has no idea. Said to take it to Optus to get them to install the latest firmware (in my case the VoWiFi) or an agent (HappyTel). They did not seem fussed about the .206 firmware on it and said it was in the middle of the .122 to .212 firmware batch and was ok. But because the .206 firmware was similar to .212 that is why it wont update or didnt need to update as it is the same.....................

Sigh. No wonder this has been a nightmare. First and last Huawei phone. Pity, I really like the phone itself.

0 Kudos
Contributor Quaz1
Contributor

Another day, still no update. Sigh. 

At this point even if it comes later today , I just want out 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

No update here, just got off the livechat hicare with Huawei they are annoyed that optus are saying that they are in-charge of the rollouts. He said it's Optus in charge not them.

I will post the screenshots in XDA forum. I sent Huawei this link and they are fuming.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Android-Device-Updates-What-s-the-Process/ba-p/124198

I'm going to email Cliff and request a formal manual push to my phone urgently.

0 Kudos
New Contributor uvtube
New Contributor

I got 212 update on Thursday. I have only noticed some camera improvements, HDR seems to work better, less over sharpening and improvement in low light. Aldo face unlock has prompts like 'too close' etc I think face unlock works better, also maybe finger print scanner works better. They feel more accurate, but that might be my perception  I need to check it out more. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

If you get a reply and or the update pushed through manually, please let us know. I expect that will be the only option. If that doesn't happen, then I will cancel my contract and return the phone. Will take Optus to NCAT if needed.

On a separate note, those that have successfully received .212 update, do you now have an option for voice over WiFi (VoWiFi) in settings?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@BelowAverageIQ  I will let you know, I don't know about anyone else but my voicemail doesn't work, I have the right numbers for Optus ECT, rang 1509 my voicemail is active. But when I call my phone it stops ringing after 25 seconds or so, but the home phone kept going for  20 second more then says Optus advise that the number you dialled is incomplete or disconnected.

When I did a setting search for the word Call. It came up and an option was WiFi calling. So I've enabled it see what happens.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Elmelocoton
Occasional Contributor

BelowAverageIQ  yes voWIFI option is in network and call, call options. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Mine is actually in wireless and networks/mobile networks/WiFi calling

I'm so used to it not being there in .122 my eyes missed it. Only found it by searching for something else. 🔍

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Sent email to customer care manager

Screenshot_20190324_101706_com.chrome.beta.jpgi have just got off live chat with Huawei and they are not happy with Optus saying that Huawei sending out the firmware. He said it has nothing to do with them. Optus control it all.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Android-Device-Updates-What-s-the-Process/ba-p/124198

Please request a formal manual push to my phone urgently. I will be speaking with the TIO tomorrow on my case, I will be advising that I request this and need it done by Wednesday 27th March 2019 or they can proceed with action.

See screenshots.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Contributor

I only JUST received an incremental update 70.8mb

It has given me VoWiFi, improved face recognition for unlock but still on February 1 security patch level. Safety Net still fails CTS mismatch. Weird.

Not sure about the CTS mismatch, but I dont use GooglePay. It would seem that I know have what I need update wise, as such.

Doesnt match the official Optus firmware number (9.0.0.212) but must be close enough for an incremental update.

Probably be next year before another update comes out.

Reading over at the XDA forums, it would seem that 9.0.0.178 is actually the latest and has some fixes for camera features and march security update, plus seems to be SafetyNet stable

It would seem that the support team at Huawei was not incorrect in saying that .206 is very close to .212 so no need for a FULL update. I apologise to Huawei staff.

0 Kudos