Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor Cwombat
New Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

Hey y'all,

Have had 9.0.0.122 since release, have been hitting check for updates since forever, this morning nothing as per usual, but just now 8:52am (QLD) 9.0.0.212 is now available to download. Located in Cairns. Not sure how to post my screenshots here.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Elmelocoton
Occasional Contributor

Me too, 212 it's just installed I checked this morning and it appeared. 

0 Kudos
Contributor BelowAverageIQ
Contributor

Nothing for me. Says I have the latest software (.206). Great, thanks a heap Optus. Not

0 Kudos
Contributor MrFixIt
Contributor

I am not sure this is Optus's fault @BelowAverageIQ 

I received a small update (70Mb) this morning and I am now still on 206 with a new region suffix C34E11R1P16. I think I was on C34E10R1P10 before. You are probably still there. It seems more like an arcane Huawei versioning system that nobody has yet deciphered.

I still fail CTS match. I would be happy to eRecover back to 122. It's not big deal. Just do a Huawei backup and restore. However, the real problem is that eRecover does not work. It downloads the 122 and then fails every time. Samsung and Sony don't have this issue. Huawei needs to get its act together. It would certainly help if Optus would push back on Huawei to get eRecover to work. It might just be a server side thing and even if not, they could do a recovery to new via HiSuite.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Elmelocoton
Occasional Contributor

The update file was 9.0.0.212 (c34e11r1p16) 883mb

0 Kudos
Contributor

Sorry, meant if Optus had at least been allowing updates in thepast, I (we) would not be in this mess. To keep our phones working properly and have some security protection, manually updated ourselves.

Currently on 9.0.0.206 (C34E10R1P16).

My .122 fails as well, got to 100% download, it went to install and failed.

Optus is just as complicit as Huawei. Huawei needs to learn how to manage updates, firmware and numbering system.

Thanks for the info though.

0 Kudos
Contributor Quaz1
Contributor

still .122, still no update 

*sadface*

0 Kudos
New Contributor weic
New Contributor

got the update 212, installing it now....

0 Kudos
Contributor MrFixIt
Contributor

I think the reason those who have done out of band upgrades are having problems with official updates and can't eRecover is due to blacklisted IMEI numbers.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled HiSuite a couple of times. When I do this and try to do a recovery via HiSuite, the first time I try this it goes off and checks the IMEI. It then comes back and says your device is unable to be recovered and directs me to a service centre. After this it immediately goes to this page. If I uninstall and reinstall it does it again. 

I suspect eRecovery is the same. It downloads the firmware, then does an IMEI check and this flags the error.

Perhaps the idea is to discourage people from doing any form of update, but I am quickly becoming very anti-Huawei. This is not a good enthusiast's handset. As I have posted earlier. Recovery should always work as it does on other major brands.

Hopefully someone here, or on XDA will work out a way to get the handset back to being stock.

0 Kudos
Contributor

MrFixIt,

If you are right, then this will be my first and very last Huawei phone. I will also move to Vodafone and or Telstra. 

0 Kudos