Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

Danyal

Something interesting just happened,

To start with, I updated to .187 Euro version using "dload" method awhile ago and updated to .222 using the modified hisuite in the video, you can find the link if you check the previous pages, I think Daz posted it. I received an update for .222, a minor update with mostly security improvements. Now I'm wondering, how is that even possible?  Am I receiving updates directly from Huawei? 

[ Edited ]
BelowAverageIQ

Tried returning my firmware back to.122 via the Erecovery method mentioned a few posts ago. 

I receive the following message "Getting package info failed"

Seems that it is unable to go back to .122 to get the Optus OTA update.

Pretty pi$$ed off with Optus right now. Not only have you forced us into getting our own security updates, now we can't download the latest and only Optus update.

I expect this post will be deleted as well.

Highlighted

Mekamayhem

I did try and advise people not to update outside the official update method. I won't say I told you so but it's a bit of a shame 

Dazkatmaka11

LYA L09 9.0.0.122 

Have no idea if it's downgradable or if you can receive updates

Dload method

https://androidhost.ru/7os

Troz

Given its taken a TIO complaint to get them to release an update I'm not confident that another update will occur any time soon! Think I'll continue to do my own regular updates.

I'm also reluctant to change from 206 given firmware 206 has fixed my audio not recording in video issue.

MrFixIt

Every other handset I have had has been able to be flashed up and down, factory defaulted, etc. When I say every handset, that is Samsung Galaxy, Sony Xperia, Iphone and Nokia Windows phones. Not a huge number I know, but they are computers and they should be able to be put back to factory, end of.

I don't buy into the "you shouldn't touch it" school of thought. I for one am glad I did, because the performance on 206 creams it on 122 and my mate can't face unlock my phone any more. I only want to go to 212 so the CTS mismatch goes away. 122 was a dog of an introductory version and the only alternative was to push Optus to take it back and move to something else. That is not an options because hardware wise, this handset is head and shoulders above the other products out there.

Magpies

Is there a way to push this ota update?

Dazkatmaka11

@Troz Yes, if I don't receive OTA, illI be doing the same, I advised Optus I was having call dropouts and ooccasionally never even receiving calls, among other issues. It takes them 4 months to do something about it. Quality service.... Not.

Glad I updated to 198 fixed all the call dropouts ECT. I told them it would be fixed with an update...but no Optus didn't believe that. Pathetic.

Dazkatmaka11

Just got a 41mb update for 9.0.0.198.  wonder where the heck this came from?

Quaz1

Still no update here

(On a side note, does this website not stay logged in for anyone else ? Have tried numerous browsers ,phone etc and have to re log in every time )

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
64 Kudos
40 Kudos
38 Kudos
34 Kudos