Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

Dazkatmaka11

@Quaz1 Once you have the firmware downloaded version.198 is working fine here.

Make sure you have a back up with Huawei backup of your system data and app data, it wipes the system and data.

Extract the dload folder to the USB or Nano SD.

Dial *#*#2846579#*#*

Choose the update software & then update from memory card.

Phone will restart in recovery and start installing.

Once you have installed, I put in my account information and did my app installing one by one from the play store then I restored my data to the apps.

Everything should then work fine

I removed powegenie using ADB

Quaz1

cheers mate

Xalies saw my post and sent a message detailing another way too (the one from his you tube video ) Ran into a couple of questions so just shot him a message back

Dazkatmaka11

Here we go again, here's a message from my Optus compaint representative. As if this will ever happen, what happened to the .188 that was being tested?? ..........

On a positive side, I can confirm Android: 9 Build: 9.0.0.212 is due to be released 20/03/2019 and has passed Optus testing.

I have also requested the Optus website be updated with the same.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns with the update or if the update has not rolled out by the 21/03/2019.

Quaz1

wait

so bascially they are saying Optus customers will have .212 in 3 days ?

so many questions ........

Dazkatmaka11

It sounds like it, although I will only believe it when it happens.

Elmelocoton

Well I was going to follow the process of update but I will wait until the 21 and see if something arrives

Highlighted

Quaz1

Surely they wouldn't say "we have an update that's passed testing and ready to go " if it wasn't true ? 

Surely they couldn't be THAT stupid .....

(Then again )

Dazkatmaka11

@Quaz1  I'm sure that they could be that stupid, Alistar has not read or replied to my private messages, yet I can see his online status, he is either stupid or plain arrogant.

Mekamayhem

After this phone I don't even want a new phone anymore as I don't want to go through this again. I won't sign up to another plan as I'm better off getting my own phone then moving to a provider of my choice.

I can't believe I've had a phone since November without an update to be honest and now I don't even care. I'll guess I'll be stuck on this firmware until my contract has expired 

Elmelocoton

Im coming from a Samsung phone thinking that the updates were going to be done on time with Huawei but then the provider is the one slowing the process. 

I didn't want to buy an iPhone but I miss the lack of bs around updates. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
38 Kudos
21 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos