Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

Dazkatmaka11

Let's see what the tio come up with, Optus have until the 22nd March to resolve the issue before the tio will then make a decision on what must happen.

The Complainant complained Optus has not made available firmware updates for his mobile handset.

Background

The Complainant is an Optus customer with mobile phone service (04xxxxxxxx).

The Complainant says in November 2018 he contracted with Optus to receive a 24 month mobile plan. He says he received the Huawei Mate 20 Pro handset as a part of the plan.

The Complainant says Huawei has released multiple firmware updates for the device since he has purchased it. He says Optus has not released the firmware updates to its customers.

The Complainant says this is impacting his ability to use the device. He says his calls are dropping out and he is not receiving calls. He says the issue is also causing security issues.

Unresolved issues

The Complainant says his complaint is not resolved for the following reasons:

He says he has contacted Optus about the issue. He says Optus has told him it has not released the update due to incompatibility with WI-FI calling. He says the Huawei Mate 20 Pro handset does not have WI-FI calling

He says Optus has told him the firmware will be made available on a range of dates. He says Optus keeps pushing back the release date

The Complainant preferred resolution

The Complainant wouldl like Optus Mobile to resolve the complaint by making available the firmware update.  

Information that may assist resolution             

The Australian Consumer Law may apply to the circumstances of this complaint.

Section 54 provides a guarantee for goods to be of an acceptable quality

Section 55 provides goods will reasonably fit for any purpose the consumer specified at point of sale

Section 60 provides services will be provided with due care and skill

Section 61 provides services will be fit for either an implied or expressed purpose

These clauses may be relevant because The Complainant says Optus are not making available updates for his mobile handset.

ORANGEDAN

@Dazkatmaka11 May the force be with you and TIO..  Bro

Highlighted

Dazkatmaka11

Version 9.0.0.198 Google Pay is working install with USB dload method.

https://androidhost.ru/2zEx

ORANGEDAN

@Dazkatmaka11

Bro I believe there is already 210 on the xda. Personally I'm already on 208. But since the 206 google pay has work just fine. 

Xalies

.211 is out - see https://youtu.be/bp4k3uFDxf4 for update instructions (links in the description) - Google Pay works fine

Dazkatmaka11

@ORANGEDAN  Yes I know 210 is there, I am just saying 198 can be done via usb dload. For anyone who wants an easy way.

BelowAverageIQ

I tried that method Xalies (thank you for the video btw) and at the end I get "you are not connected to the internet".

It wont go any further or install.

Dazkatmaka11

Version .222 now released. By the time Optus finish testing .188 it will be an vintage. 😂😂😂

BelowAverageIQ

Thanks to someone on another forum, was able to get the process to go past "no internet".

I HAD to modify the "hosts' file to get the system to work.

Cheers for the links and video though. Really appreciate it.

** Those saying GPay is working, is that testing pysically? Does the safety net still fail?

Cheers

BIQ

Quaz1

you heard any more about your case Daz?

(or how this "testing" has actually gone this time)

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos