Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

Dazkatmaka11

It sounds easy, there's 2 tools to run and you put the downloaded firmware into a specific directory, apparently doesn't kill your data either. Ill take a go and let you know what happened.

Highlighted

Rahullamba

Eventually TIO have now forwarded my case to Optus as well. Not expecting much but will see if they can take their boot control off the phone and get release from this jail. Lately I am also very disappointed with camera performance. The face seems bits like canvas and artificial in very bright or low light condition. I am hoping the problem is fixed in later releases so desparately need updates more than ever.

Xalies

So simple even a child could do it @Quaz1 @Dazkatmaka11  but not Optus

Mekamayhem

The problem is guys is this will void your warranty and so I ask why should you have to do that? Surely optus should have made sure the phone was completely compatible before supplying it?? 

Mekamayhem

Anyways I can tell you that this is my last optus phone 100%

[ Edited ]
Xalies

Can't see how they would even notice it is not unlocking the bootloader, not rooting its just using updating using stock Huawei firmware with their own software, still even has the optus branding on bootup ... ok theres abit of a switch-a-roo happening but its still all stock unmodified firwares and you can alway do another system recovery to get back to 100% craptus if you needed to send it back and if your phone is that badly damaged to where you couldn't then they wouldn't either

[ Edited ]
Xalies

No one is saying phone isn't compatible  but the fact is there has been 4 months of feature/secuity updates from Huawei and Google that Optus is more than happy to let us go without any updates just because they want to have WiFi calling.... So apart from that the newer firmware is 100% compatible.... they just must not vaule their customers secuity or maybe their network is that bad they need to use our data instead

Dazkatmaka11

They just need to forget about WiFi calling, the general response is nobody really gives a crapola for this feature.

What we want is updated security, bug fixes, enhancements and improvements from the latest firmware.NOT some stupid useless WiFi calling gimmick.

Quaz1

100% agreeed

No one give's a stuff about WiFi calling, come on ! It's aaalllll the other things that we are crying out for, just like you said

uvtube

This whole discussion is pointless, Optus have no interest in servicing their customers, period. All telcos are rubbish, if this were any other part of the tetail sector the business would give a definite timeline, some sort of sweetener or compensation for the product that we are using in a substandard manner. They just dont care. They have us over a barrel. We bought the service, they dont give us value for money. I have no qualms about voting with my feet every 2 years until I get better service. If more people did that we might get a logical response or some movement. Other countries have had several updates for the handset, why not us. There is no viable answer to that, hence no comment by Optass. Remember the 'Vodapain' tshirts?  Just sayin !! 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
36 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos