Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro Firmware Updates

Dazkatmaka11

@Quaz1  That's a typo it's meant to be 1st March 2020

ORANGEDAN

@Quaz1Dont forget completion of test doesn't mean release date. It will take another 2 to 3 weeks to be sent to Huawei for OTA update. BUT this only in theory. Any time between 2 to 3 weeks, if Huawei provide new updates, Optus will most slightly tell us, its been cancel, and they will test a newer version and release the newer version. AND of course this cycle will go on and on until eventually or maybe Huawei stop releasing updates frequently and they will probably with luck give us update. But of course Optus will also hope we upgrade to newer phone, and forget about this case and move on business as usual..

Dazkatmaka11

If anyone wants to try and see if this actually works and gets to the CEO Allen Lew. Mine is already sent.

https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-78048&c=Optus-CEO

ORANGEDAN

@Dazkatmaka11 I highly doubt so we would get anywhere. First is because Huawei mate 20 pro is not their best selling phones, and I don't think has significant numbers. Bosses only look at numbers. Secondly, there is just not much attention not even media regarding Huawei mate pro? I doubt he would even bother. Remember world cup live telecast? If only big events, media attention and at that time even Prime Minister was involved then he will get his butt warm and start working. So unless you have a big top connection somewhere and maybe his child hood girl friend or boy friend you can forget about it. Last but not least, what make you think he will read those emails? I bet you his secretary or wife that will be answering those emails. 

fusion9

Sigh. I actually don't know what to do anymore.

Having issues with the finger scanner and facial recognition which I know has been fixed.

While I really want to leave Optus now their EPL freebie as part of the plan is something I don't want to lose.

I wish they would just offer us  an easy way to get off the Optus branding if they aren't going to support this device.

BelowAverageIQ

"Purchased" a Mate 20 Pro on Saturday. No mention from staff at Optus Store in Rundall Street Mall of any known issues or problems with the phone. I was aware of the green screen issues.

New sim card and new handset.

Still on .122 firmware/update. Pretty poor form Optus. Start doing some digging and sure enough a number of complaints about updates.

Not good enough. I have been with Optus for 17+ years. Will seriously consider going to TIO and having contract cancelled and moving to another carrier.

Dazkatmaka11

I have just received a call from a manager of Optus who has taken over my case and he has finally received an answer from the technical department, he said that he shouldn't be mentioning to me this information but .188 firmware is again incompatible and it's the Wifi calling that is failing on every firmware, they don't know if it's optus network or the firmware causing the issue and have raised an investigation with Huawei. So at this point there is going to be no firmware update until they can fix this issue.

He has agreed to contact me every Monday with an update.

Quaz1

so pretty well the worst possible news. Greeaaattttt

well, I think that's me done with this phone unfortunately. Though I can't imagine it's going to be an easy process with Optus

Dazkatmaka11

Apparently the firmware .206 from XDA is working with Google pay so I think I will be trying this method tonight.

Quaz1

is it easy to do?

i get scared of that stuff!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
20 Kudos
15 Kudos
15 Kudos
13 Kudos