Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Huawei Mate 10 Pro no mms

dbrowne

Hi,

Anyone else having problems recieving / sending mms on Huawei Mate 10 Pro. I've checked the APN settings, spent almost an hour on online chat but no luck. I get an icon with the download symbol - when I click it a revolving circle appears - it tries to download for about ten mins then I get a notification that the mms didn't load. I'm using Google Messages, but have the same issue with the Huawei message app and Textra. 

Interestingly, I have a Huawei P9 as my work phone which works fine. Sends and recieves mms with exactly the same settings. 

Any ideas??

Re: Huawei Mate 10 Pro no mms

Dan_C

@dbrowne, can I just confirm that your MMS settings match the following?

If that's correct, then it could be a matter of activating MMS services from the back. Can you send us  PM with your account details? I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

→ http://yesopt.us/pmdan. Let us know Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Aman_B

XXX Deleted by admin.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

GregV

I have the same problem, but with Samsung Galaxy S6.

I find that if I go to 3g the MMS will download.

Easiest way to go to 3g is for me to initiate a call, then I go to messages and click the MMS and it downloads.

Same symptoms?

Highlighted

dbrowne

I tried it and no luck. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Solution

dbrowne
At about 11pm last night MMS started working and all the hanging MMS downloaded. I didn't do anything ... Have no idea why it started working. The only thing I can think of is that I change the power intensive app settings under battery for some other apps. Anyway, it's working for the moment, so thanks to all the people that posted suggestions.

GregV

Same, about 8pm last night, my mobile couldn't make any calls.. then I restarted it and now I have MMS working and also WiFi calling... It's great it's working but it's also disappointing that the Optus customer service doesn't have a clue what the network people are doing. For reasons of liability i assume, the network people will never actually say what a problem is, they will just let it blow over and everyone will be left wondering for ever and a day what the problem even was.

dbrowne

Huawei's approach to battery management is very aggressive. All apps are flagged as power intentive by default, so if you have an app acting strangley it's worth going into Settings > Battery > Battery Usage then play around with the settings. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
18 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
13 Kudos