cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor clever81
New Contributor

How can I revert my Samsung Galaxy Note9 back to Android Oreo

I recently did the software update on my Note9 which upgraded it to Android Pie and I hate it. The horizontal app switching is not intuitive for one handed use and the clock being moved to the left hand side of the screen just hurts my brain. I want to go back to Oreo. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: How can I revert my Samsung Galaxy Note9 back to Android Oreo

There's no way to go back via Samsung unfortunately. You can, however, install it yourself. If you google it (I'd recommend somewhere like XDA forums) you'll be able to find guides and the files you need to do it. 

Depending what you do you may void your warranty though so be careful and do your research first Smiley Happy

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor strangewhine
Occasional Contributor

Re: How can I revert my Samsung Galaxy Note9 back to Android Oreo

There are ways, but unfortunately none that you will like Smiley Happy

Basically you have to do a factory reset, and then use software on your PC called Odin to put the old ROM (a downloaded version of android) in place of the other one.

It is moderately complicated, but following steps online (just google "downgrade android version") you can do it with no trouble. 

Like the previous response said, just search around for the exact steps, as it is very important you use the correct ROM for your device and region or you will have headaches. 

Let us know how you go! 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors