Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: First bill and Optus Sports

Heya @Riccadona, happy to help with this one 🙂

We'd need you to head to https://offer.optus.com.au/order-epl/. Once you've confirmed eligibility, we'll send you an email with instructions on how to set up your subscription.

Regarding the three months free promotional offer.

THE OFFER

Any customer who signs up to a new My Plan Plus 12 Month SIM Only service at participating Retail locations will receive 3 months of free access. This offer is also available through Telesales, Online and Webchat to services that live in selected postcodes.

How & when is the discount applied?

The 3 months Access Fee discount will be applied via a bolt-on from the customers 2nd bill. The discount will cover the monthly access fee on each bill for 3 consecutive bill cycles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Riccadona
New Contributor

Thanks Dan C! You actually were the first person to supply me straight forward and direct instructions. MUCH APPRECIATED

Am onto it already. Cheers +1 Optus for having Dan C helping out!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Aww shucks Smiley Very Happy

That's not a problem 🙂

If you have any follow up questions, let us know. We're happy to help out! 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Jacksoula
New Contributor

Re: Help for Order Delivery, Activation and your First Bill

Why am I being charged $105 on a $85 plan. Ido not have a 256g iPhone I have a64gb

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Jacksoula, this is the first invoice you've received from us after signing up?

The charge description is for a 256GB handset?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Gord
New Contributor

I had a contract which ended in December which included a phone which was paid off at the end of the contract.

I renewed a contract in March 2018, however realised that the DD amount for the previous contract was unchanged ie I have overpaid for my phone for 3 months ie $40 x 3 =$120.

Is this amount to be reimbursed or do you give an Optus credit for the $120 ?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Gord, you have the same billable account number? Have we been =debiting the old plan as well as the new recontracted plan?

It'd really be best to reach out to our Live chat team. They'll be able to run through your last few invoices and confirm whether a credit is due.

Had your handset repayments always been $40.00 per month? It seems like an oddly high amount.

If there's something you'd like us to follow up for you, let us know and we'll help.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor VeryYES
Occasional Contributor

Re: Order, Delivery & Activation - HUGE MESS, PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!?!

***Moderated (Contains personal information)***

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @VeryYES - Really sorry to hear that this has been your experience. This does looks confusing and looks like a lot is happening or in pending but not to worry , we can get it sorted. Please contact our Sales Support team  Here and just give them your account numbers or orders numbers and they can get an update on the services. Please note only plan changes can g through before delivery but if it is a new service then you may have to wait for the delivery before a plan can kick in. Sales Support can confirm all this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor VeryYES
Occasional Contributor

@Aman_B

Thanks for a quick reply. 

Unfortunately, it was entirely useless.  That means, it has wasted (even more of) my time.  

Let me be clear:

I do not want pity so cut the "i'm sorry to hear..." crap

Your comment "it does look confusing" should have been followed with "let me clarify things for you..."

Instead of clarity, you linked me to online chat

Online chat has been the largest time waster in this confusing process of "can I buy some data and a phone please"

Last interaction with Optus web chat was last night (Monday 19 Mar), this being only way to contact Optus immediately upon finding out that Optus is planning to deliver S9+ 256GB to the wrong address.  Online chat said this would be fixed and phone would come to correct address

Two hours ago, (Tuesday 21 Mar) AusPost has messaged to notify that Optus has entered the delivery into their systems and ADDRESS IS STILL WRONG.  AusPost say they got this information from Optus just before 5:00PM.  That means, in there's been 20 hours since I made urgent effort to help fix an error on Optus end (being wrong delivery address) and yet nothing is done on Optus end at all.  

*** go ahead and orphan an obvious phone delivery at the reception of a Gold Coast apartment complex and see how long it lasts there before it goes missing... looks like you've not got much time to fix what will end up being the loss of a $1300 phone which I most definitely will not be paying for (my phone calls with Optus are recorded for training & quality purposes) ***

How about this for an idea:

You get clarity from Optus online chat and then clarify it for me as requested. 

Better yet, clarify & correct anything that does not conform to the orders made and get back to me to report this done....

My Optus orders (which have been verbally confirmed per phone call recordings):

A)   200GB on 24 month plan for $108/month ($120 less 10% uni student discount). including ownership of Samsung Galaxy 9+ 64GB handset with wireless charging station

B)  200GB on 24 month plan for $68/month ($120 plan + $15 handset cost = $135 less 50% discount per second new plan offer). including ownership of Samsung Galaxy 9+ 256GB handset with wireless charging station    

0 Kudos