Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Help for Order Delivery, Activation and your First Bill

Ah, that's really frustrating @Deb65.

It sounds like it may have been sent to the old address in error? I'll go in and confirm whether it's been sent. I’ll ensure its sent out to the correct address.

As far as the fee is concerned, leave it for now. I'll leave a note on the account stating what's happened. Once we've received old set top box, I'll credit the $200.00 non-return fee back to your account.

Send us a PM with your account details. I'll need your full name, DOB and account number. 

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Zepps
New Contributor

Its really interesting to see that many people have had a similarly poor experiences with optus customer service as I have had. The inital contract sign up easy and painless (this is where they get your money) but after that your are expect to jump through hoops to complete the multiple registration processes to get access to your online account, optus sports, perks, Ask the crowd and so on. The list is almost endless.  This is clearly poor service management and design on optus's part.  Only 4 days into my new optus mobile service and I have spent over 4 hours to date trying to get account and service problems sorted.  2 of those days my new phone was dead in the water.

Poorly done Optus.  I'm regreting my decision in choosing you.  Seriously considering cancelling the contract today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm sorry the on-boarding process has been a bit of a letdown. @Zepps, I'm happy to help if you need a hand!

Feel free to send us a PM with your account details. I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. Can you give us a brief of description of the service issues you've mentioned? As far as registering your service for My Account is concerned, I can always create your profile and link the service from my end.

I'll need you to include your best contact email address. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Emiliano
New Contributor

Activation Fetch TV for non members

This is ridiculous. Got the fetch box today because of the streaming issues. But guess what, I cannot activate it and nobody from Optus can help me. Somebody from the chat "transferred" me to some other people but nobody answers there. I cannot stay hours on teh phone.

Pathetic Optus ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Ev_

Re: Activation Fetch TV for non members

Hi @Emiliano, I'm sorry to hear about the activation issues. If you can send through your account details through a private message - full name, DOB and account/order number, we can take a look into this for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor DK0987
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to get my number ported from Virgin to Optus...

On 19/06 6:30pm I contacted Live Chat to activate my new sim and port my new number. I was told to wait 24 hours.

On 20/06 7:00pm I was told by Live Chat support to wait another 24 hours for the porting to complete - apparently the service wasn't activated correctly the first time.

24 hours later on 21/07 7:00pm, I lost my Virgin service - but did not have my Optus service activated. I contacted Live Chat again and was told to wait another 4 hours. 4 hours passed and my Optus service was still not active.

Fast forward to now 22/06 10:00am and my Optus service is STILL NOT ACTIVE. I have NO MOBILE SERVICE AT ALL at the moment...

Just trying to understand what needs to be done to get my Optus serivce active? Or do your offshore staff have no idea what they're talking about?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @DK0987, I'm happy to go in and take a look.

We'll see if there's anything we can do to get you up and running. Can you send us a private message  http://yesopt.us/pmdan? I'll need your full name, DOB and the mobile number you're porting in. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Snoreboy01
New Contributor

Hi there.

What help can you offer when the new SIM card is not delivered because they delivered it to some other person?

Also, your current sim card stopes because it is recorded as Delivered by the StrakTrek delivery people?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey @Snoreboy01 - can you please clarify what you mean by what we can offer?

Can you please PM me with the order number for the SIM? We'll take a look, however we may need to refer you on to our Sales Support team. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Snoreboy01
New Contributor

Hi there. I was with Virgin Mobile, I accepted an offer from Optus as part of that, they are sending me out a new SIM. The delivery people claim they have delivered it, however there was no package and they claim no one was home... yet there where two people there at the time they say they delivered it. My current phone has been set to SOS only, so I can't use it to call in and get my current SIM working until the new sSM arrives and I can't call the Delivery group as my current SIM isn't working. Who do I speak to? What help can I get please? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors