Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Moderator Aman_B

Re: Help for Order Delivery, Activation and your First Bill

Hi @VeryYES - Could you please PM me your details Here and I can look into this. Please PM me your Mobile numbers, Full name and date of birth for ID. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor VeryYES
Occasional Contributor

@Aman_B

PM is in your inbox.

Per the PM, I really would appreciate you checking status of my Optus account/s AND fixing anything that is not perfectly matched to the following:

I should now have TWO current Optus services+devices (active or in the delivery/activation pipeline): 

Plan 1:  200GB on 24 month plan for $108/month

($120 less 10% uni student discount).  This including ownership of Samsung Galaxy 9+ 64GB handset with wireless charging station

Plan 2:  200GB on 24 month plan for $68/month

($120 plan + $15 handset cost = $135 less 50% discount per second new plan offer). This including ownership of Samsung Galaxy 9+ 256GB handset with wireless charging station

Total data is 400GB at cost of $176 per month (incl phones)

An S9+64GB & an S9+256GB should be being delivered to me at my hone  this week AND both of these with the Samsung manufacturer bonus included (being the wireless charging station).

One thing I may have failed to explicitly communicate:  the mobile broadband account is made obsolete by the new service plans AND it needs to be cancelled.  From my end, it looks like one of the new services has ported over my existing prepaid mobile SIM and through this I now have 100GB data (pretty sure this should be 200GB if anything),  The mobile broadband account can be terminated now (but only if Optus can assure the new mobile phone service & data access will not interrupted by any updates/changes on Optus end to fix mess with account status')      

Please reply to confirm receipt of this message and advise when I should expect a full response.  Update me again when you cleared through the confusing mess and have gained clarity on where everything is at AND  advise when to expect any & all errors to have been corrected. 

Delivery info for the new phones asap would be great. 

Should anything happen that will change the things you advise me to expect, I expect to be updated.  It would be upsetting if there were any further unexpectedly problems and VERY UPSETTING if there are further unexpected problems that are not advised in advance and which cause me to again have to ask Optus what has happened and why and etc, etc, etc.

In circumstances like this,  with upset customer & this due to service/sales rep shortcomings or errors, Telstra would ABSOLUTELY be throwing in free accessories to smooth over problems.  Three 256GB micro SD cards to go with the new phones would be quite useful...   ??!?   🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor VeryYES
Occasional Contributor

@Aman_B

At the time of writing, AusPost is still going to be delivering the very expensive new mobile phone into a den thieves where it is guaranteed to be stolen within a few hours of being handed over.  I cannot update or revise delivery details via AusPost as Optus has stipulated these options "unavailable". 

phone-2b-stolen.png

What will Optus do from here? 

To fix this problem... it is no small task:

FIRST

the address selected on the system must be revised

AND THEN

a new label must be printed and stuck on the delivery package box

AND  ALSO

the barcode on the new label must be scanned into the StarTrak app

These tasks are not impossible, sure.  Completing all of them and in just one day, now that's a challange.

Is Optus up to the task?  Will it even try?  Is it worth asking up chain for an Optus manager to help troubleshoot this?  Soon we find out what is worth more:  five minutes manager level time + ten minutes despatch supervisor time

Please save this phone Optus.  I know it won't be my cost if you lose it but if you do, there's going be another week of delays until I get the phone I've contracted and ordered. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor jactan
New Contributor

Hi I am waiting for an upgrade to 200gb on my data share plan. I have tried ringing (put on hold) live chat, it drops out before I get an answer (twice this week). I placed order over phone to yes Optus in Sale (Vic), was told it would be on in 5 days (today is day 5). I am rapidly running out of data and I cannot get anyone to ring me with an answer. Hope you can help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey @jactan - Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you please confirm whether you received any order numbers? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor jactan
New Contributor

Hi Shauna I have not got an order number. my data sim is XXXXXXXXXX and is shared by 2 phones. I dealt over the phone with micky at optus store in Sale Vic. I originally had a new order for 31gb but upgraded it to 200gb when I realised it was not enough Micky told me on Monday that it would take 5 days. I have almost run out. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Okay thanks. Can you please private message me with your account details, full name and DOB so we can take a further look? I've just edited our your data SIM number, just for your own protection as this is a public forum. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor jactan
New Contributor

How to private message.I can't see a pm link

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Sorry @jactan, you can click on the moderator's name to head to their profile and message, but here's a link to send me a message 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Deb65
New Contributor

I have just received a $200 bill for not returning my Fetch TV after recieving a new one for new address and new contract. I have spoken to Optus staff on mychat on the 20th April and told that i would recive a sachel to return old Fetch TV but have still not recieved it and have now been sent a late return bill. I have had multiple conversations will multiple people on mychat and nothing has been resolved. Very frustrating.. as always told no problem.. Chat ends ... nothing resolved

0 Kudos
Top Contributors