Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Combo64
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Now let's pray this trump idiot never gets re-elected again.

I will buy a Huawei phone in future. Excited about the Mate 30 Pro.

0 Kudos
Kelly1103
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Google decision on Huawei, what does this mean for Optus customers?

Ridiculous that I was signed up to a 2 year contract on Huawei P30 2 weeks after this post without mention of the impending Google /Huawei issue.
I was informed by a colleague several days after I signed and when I presented to the Optus store asking for some answers and to be able change my phone due to the lack of transperency, I was treated appallingly by the young male staff member.
Although there have yet to be any issues, I still think the fact that Optus continued to sign customers to expensive, long term contracts without full disclosure, knowing full well that these phoned could be worth nothing at the end of said contract, is disgraceful.
0 Kudos
GTFO
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

The P30 was not impacted, as far as I am aware, Optus is not selling impacted devices.
The P30 has full android, still has access to the play store, where more recent devices released from Huawei do not.

And here is the statement from Huawei Australia confirming existing devices are NOT impacted.

https://huaweihub.com.au/huawei-statement/

Majikalwhispers
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I signed up 1 day before this happened. Contacted them that day, and asked to change phone...it had been 24 hours. I was also told no impact to me, yet I am still paying for a NEW PHONE, that’s not worth a fraction of what I was charged because of this. 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sellers make representations about a product. You can guarantee that at no stage was anyone told this phone will be worth $X in two years. Its not up to sellers to get customers the best / smartest deal. To tell them that its $100 cheaper if they check out the shop across the road or that they've heard that a price drop is coming in two weeks.

Every purchase is a risk and I get that for some, this time it didn't pay off. I'm not sure why Google should take the hit?
0 Kudos
Majikalwhispers
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Phones don’t become worthless overnight! 
there is never that risk with top brands, ie Apple, samsung and Huawei.

If this was a iPhone or samsung it would of been handled differently. 
we are not talking about a phone that may be in the shop down the road for $20 less, we are talking about taking on a top phone that just become worth a fraction of the cost. 
it is not fair that we got left with phone at the top of the price bracket, that is now not worth any more than a cheap pre paid 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

There is never that risk with top brands, ie Apple, samsung and Huawei.

There is always that risk. That you didn't appreciate it is understandable. Google was a start up that demolished the then maximus invincimus Yahoo. In the tech world the financial worth of your product is only one smart idea away from becoming worthless. 

Your phone is an amazing pinnacle of tech evolution. Its functionality way beyond what a 'cheap prepaid' can provide. Enjoy it for many many years. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors