Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Re: Google decision on Huawei, what does this mean for Optus customers?

PDT

It keeps getting worse..

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/05/24/bluetooth-could-be-the-surprise-assassin-of-huaweis-smartph...

While there's been plenty of talk about the consequences of Google, ARM, Qualcomm, the SD Association, the Wi-Fi Alliance, carriers, and the USB-IF no longer working with Huawei, one company has been kept out of the discussion to date: the Bluetooth SIG.

For those of you who may not know, the Bluetooth SIG is a non-profit corporation headquartered in Washington state, and it holds all the keys to its trademark, closed-source wireless technology. Nobody can build a product with Bluetooth without the blessing of BT SIG, and it requires every product to use the technology to go through its certification program. The problem is that it will almost certainly not be able to do so for any Huawei products going forward

petergdownload

All existing Huawei phones work just as well today as they did yesterday. They will continue to work that well into the future. 

There is no chance Huawei phones will be confiscated at the US border. All Huawei phones in the US work as well today as they worked yesterday. 

Peter 

Return huawei or not?

MagicChen

Google's Android ban puts a stop to Huawei's world domination plan

What is the solution from optus, please?

The google apps are the most important parts for Android phone.

Can we return the Huawei mobile to optus, and stop the contract?

Re: Return huawei or not?

Davelew

Hi

Have a look at the previous thread on this:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Android/Google-decision-on-Huawei-what-does-this-mean-for-Optus/td-...

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Return huawei or not?

petergdownload

So now Google gets to try its hand at World domination instead? Smiley Happy

Anyway the thread @Davelew shared has lots of people similarly concerned. 

At the moment though no one has any claim to return phones or cancel contracts because everything is actually working fine.

It would seem existing phones will possibly be largely exempt from the ban but future phones not so much.

When you actually find google apps no longer work on your phone then you might have a claim. Its all still very early days.

Peter Gillespie

PDT

Peter , if you want to score more brownie points, I suggest you find a different thread.

You don't have a Huawei phone, you have ignored the mounting evidence to the contrary and offer no help to those affected. 

PS Optus have already allowed some to early termination and recontract to another device  

So they take it seriously.. 

Ministrinity

Where did you find out that customers are already able to recontract? I tried live chat and they seem to still not have any info about that. 

PDT

Quaz1

his case has nothing to do with Google pulling their support. It was due to Optus not pushhing out any updates for months

(i know as he helped me with the same thing)

PDT

That was a bit confusing, because he posted that in the Huawei thread that morphed into this one.

He should have made that clearer.. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
18 Kudos
13 Kudos