cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Google Chrome erratic.

Tried to post a link to this thread in the blog and unable to. Banner appears to paste them disappears when you remove your finger from the screen

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No Ray I believe this issue relates only to the latest Android version of Chrome. I can not copy and paste anything as the paste button disappears before the option is available. Positioning the cursor on any word that you have typed (before you hit the post button) is extremely difficult as it jumps around all over the place. Dave has reported the same issues so I figure it's an Android Google Chrome problem that only happens with the latest version.

I also asked as a matter of curiosity why you can't edit any post created under a blog but that was a separate question and has nothing to do with the problems above.

Edit: You do know what I mean by edit. Smiley Happy

...or edit again because I can't speeell for shite.

..... umm triple edit. Yes I do see your comment on that blog post. Sorry I missed it. Smiley Sad

"As for being unable to edit comments in blogs, there is no setting I can tweak for this I'm afraid, it's all set for the author of the particular blog to own/manage."

shcool.jpg

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks guys, will add this helpful info to the ticket.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Further testing shows this issue is only happening with Android version 73.0.3683.90. Apple version 73.0.3683.68 seems to work fine as I can copy and paste links https://edition.cnn.com/ and text with no issues. Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Any more news on this Ray as the Tab 4 I am using right now is virtually unusable on this forum.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We had a phone meeting with our vendor today, it's believed to be due to upgrades work to the site going on in the background. Unfortunately this means it may remain for the next several weeks. 🙁 But they will try to resolve it in the meantime.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Heaven forbid if I have to use my iPad on this forum Smiley Tongue Thanks for the update.