Searching...

Mobile

Google Chrome erratic.

Yeldarb

Anybody else having issues with the latest version of Google Chrome and this forum? It seems impossible to get the cursor in the right place when changing text and copying and pasting text is almost impossible. My phone and tablet both have the same latest version and they both do the same thing.

Re: Google Chrome erratic.

Davelew

Hi @Yeldarb

I have been thinking about posting this issue.

No problems with chrome on windows 10 tablet but have problems on my android phone.

1)I can't paste - when I try to insert in a blank space I get the banner to copy or paste but the banner disappears immediately. If I try to paste over text it allows me to paste.

2) often unable to place cursor in correct place when adding or changing text - often, but not always, I try to place the cursor but it appears in a different position. Sods law at to moment it is working correctly

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Yeldarb

The bloody paste function irks me the most and that's exactly what happens to me! Positioning the cursor is frustrating as it always seems to have mind of its own and it constantly goes to the message tags before I can even get it over to the screen. I thought that maybe switching to desktop view would help but that has made no difference.

Davelew

As it does seem to be an issue with the Yes crowd forum it would be appreciated if @Ray_YC could get someone to look at it.

@Yeldarb chill out over the weekend and don't let it get you down.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Yeldarb

That's ok Dave I was more concerned about new users struggling with their Android devices when using this forum. Maybe Ray will have some info from Lithium on this issue. If not I might just stick with using my desktop. Smiley Frustrated

Ray_YC

Hey guys,

Thanks for raising this, I'll log a support ticket for it.
I experience the same and can't select tickboxes.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Yeldarb

That would be good Ray as commenting on a blog post today that you can't edit with a mobile browser that you can't control was almost a disaster.

Ray_YC

The ticket has been opened and investigations are underway. I'll keep you posted.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Yeldarb

Great stuff Ray. By the way was there a reason given why blog posts cant be edited? I think this question may have been asked before but I don't recall the answer.

Ray_YC

Hmmm, was this the same issue originally raised on this blog?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
39 Kudos
23 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos